• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    http://www.wboc.com/story/39779213/...suspect-after-shots-fired-during-traffic-stop

They're still looking for this guy- he headed towards Seaford. Somehow he didn't kill himself or anyone else trying to get away.

Glad he didn't hit the cop, and glad I'm not him when they catch him.

If he winds up transported to Nanticoke for any reason.... certainly wouldn't want to be in them shoes.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Who/what is "Finchville Light"?

Glad no cops were hurt.
    Here ya go:
    After approximately six minutes, the driver fired several shots out of the driver’s side window, striking the trooper’s marked Ford Explorer multiple times. The driver continued to flee, reaching high rates of speed. The Alero was last seen traveling eastbound on Route 392, east of the Finchville light towards Delaware.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I heard this whole episode live as it happened on the scanner. A lot of troopers were trying to converge on him, even had Trooper 6 in the air. But, he was travelling really fast. At times I heard the Trooper announce speeds in excess of 90 mph. I'm sure his whole plan to escape was to head to Delaware, and that's where MSP broke off the chase.

I'm glad they caught him. I hope he gets to spend some serious time in one of Maryland's finest institutions.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If he escaped, how do they know it was this specific individual driving/firing out the window? I guess they have his face on dashcam? Just wondering...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    If he escaped, how do they know it was this specific individual driving/firing out the window? I guess they have his face on dashcam? Just wondering...

I'm guessing there is physical evidence, like maybe fingerprints in the vehicle. After all, how did they get from finding the car abandoned in Seaford, DE to finding him in Hampton, VA. And, when he was apprehended, they recovered a revolver and ammunition. I suspect this is the weapon and ammo used in the shooting.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I'm guessing there is physical evidence, like maybe fingerprints in the vehicle. After all, how did they get from finding the car abandoned in Seaford, DE to finding him in Hampton, VA. And, when he was apprehended, they recovered a revolver and ammunition. I suspect this is the weapon and ammo used in the shooting.
    I'd think authorities have some sort of evidence tying him directly to the incident. Fingerprints, registration, etc simply tie him at some point in time to the car, not necessarily to the incident.

But, yea, I suspect the revolver he had in his backpack is the same.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    So is this an atmospheric phenomenon akin to the Brown Mountain Lights ? Or is Finchville so rural that a traffic light is a universally known oddity ?

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    The Finchville Light on Google Maps

The Finchville light is located on MD 392 (Finchville Rd) at MD 313 (Eldorado Rd) in the unincorporated community of Rhodesdale, MD in Dorchester County. And, yes it is very rural. For reference, this is about 15 miles north of Delmarva Sporting Clays, for those of you who are familiar with that location.

I hope this answers everyone's questions.

Last edited:

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Finchville light, go straight through it as depicted in the above post and you run into Turner farms a couple clicks down the road. If you turn right, you head towards the metropolis of Eldorado. If your local and something happens around the vicinity, it usually involves someone you know or at the very least indirectly.
    Glad they got the miscreant before he involved himself or somebody else in more mis-deeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom