• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    In which case, I'll be probably confident that Roberts is the problem.
    Technically, on any of these cases there are at least five justices that are 'the problem'. Everyone's all tied up in knots over Roberts because he was the fifth vote to uphold the ACA. The truth is we don't know what's on the minds of these justices unless they pen a dissent in a denial. That only tells us one or two of the justice who voted to grant a petition. There could be another who chose not to write or join a dissent and it doesn't tell us who voted against and why.

There are nine individuals on this court and they all have very nuanced views. We may very well have five justices that have a similar view of carry or the AW bans, but they may have very different ideas about how to address those questions. One thing they know is that the cases will keep on coming.

It's also very possible that Roberts and other justices want to avoid the shitstrom that will follow with any AWB or carry decision. Forget about ACA or Citizens United. Any substantive Second Amendment decision they hand down will get a lot of people very, very angry.

I'm curious if the court looks at any cases currently on the docket but have not been to a conference?

If so then they could kill 2 birds with one stone and take Rogers over this case.
    I have no doubt that they are very aware of the cases making their way through the circuit courts.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Per curiams, Grant-Vacate-Remand, etc, are released as part of the orders list at 0930 on Mondays, not with the merits decisions read in the courtroom at 1000 on various days.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Technically, on any of these cases there are at least five justices that are 'the problem'. Everyone's all tied up in knots over Roberts because he was the fifth vote to uphold the ACA. The truth is we don't know what's on the minds of these justices unless they pen a dissent in a denial. That only tells us one or two of the justice who voted to grant a petition. There could be another who chose not to write or join a dissent and it doesn't tell us who voted against and why.

There are nine individuals on this court and they all have very nuanced views. We may very well have five justices that have a similar view of carry or the AW bans, but they may have very different ideas about how to address those questions. One thing they know is that the cases will keep on coming.

It's also very possible that Roberts and other justices want to avoid the shitstrom that will follow with any AWB or carry decision. Forget about ACA or Citizens United. Any substantive Second Amendment decision they hand down will get a lot of people very, very angry.

I have no doubt that they are very aware of the cases making their way through the circuit courts.

We've had dissents denial of cert - or a concurring opinion in Caetano -from Alito, Thomas, and Gorsuch. IIRC Kavanaugh dissented in the D.C. AWB.

process of elimination, I also think Roberts is the problem. Ginsburg cannot retire soon enough for me, frankly.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    We've had dissents denial of cert - or a concurring opinion in Caetano -from Alito, Thomas, and Gorsuch. IIRC Kavanaugh dissented in the D.C. AWB.

process of elimination, I also think Roberts is the problem. Ginsburg cannot retire soon enough for me, frankly.

Not to mention that they're all reliable conservatives. Roberts is the squishy piece of crap who cares about the court's "legacy," and since the "legacy" is shaped by the liberal media, it means he doesn't want to rock the boat too much. Which in the end means caving on everything important.

As for Ginsburg, replace "retire" with "kick the bucket."

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016

And we're getting angrier and angrier at their ignoring the Constitution. Notice how conservatives rolled over when the Supreme Court ruled that men who like to sodomize other men are entitled to "marriage" licenses.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    And we're getting angrier and angrier at their ignoring the Constitution. Notice how conservatives rolled over when the Supreme Court ruled that men who like to sodomize other men are entitled to "marriage" licenses.

Tell me the last time the American people didn't roll over?

I posted this in another post on another topic, but it's pretty applicable here too.
    People forget about stuff like this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102 About gold
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nese_Americans Japanese Americans in 1942

Those are just a few times (it's easy to come up with a much longer list) where the American people have rolled over on stuff you would not think they would roll over on.

I'm being serious and genuinely wondering the answer as I'm pondering myself. can you answer this>>

***When was the last time the American people did not just roll over and what was the issue about?***

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    Tell me the last time the American people didn't roll over?

I posted this in another post on another topic, but it's pretty applicable here too.
    People forget about stuff like this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_6102 About gold
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intern...nese_Americans Japanese Americans in 1942

Those are just a few times where the American people have rolled over on stuff you would not think they would roll over on.

I'm being serious and genuinely wondering the answer as I'm pondering myself. can you answer this>>

***When was the last time the American people did not just roll over and what was the issue about?***

They'll continue to do so as long as they're comfortable and fed. Once the dollar collapses, all bets are off.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

"accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. "

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

If Trump doesn't win, the more likely scenario is Ginsburg goes 22 more months and Dem in the White House replaces Thomas eventually who at 70 and with some health issues has higher than average odds of retiring/dying over that four or eight years. Then you will see a slew of cases including sharp limits on Heller or a reversal. At least half a dozen shall issue states would go may issue prably putting the majority of the country in may issue regime

There are not enough votes to actually remove Ginsburg if she gets bedridden or even in a coma as a majority in the house (not going to happen) and a super majority in the senate would be needed to remove her.

Roberts like any judge who can play the middle will play it since this gives him more power, and power intoxicates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom