• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    Might pass. Dems love giving privileges to government agents that they deny to other law abiding citizens.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Might pass. Dems love giving privileges to government agents that they deny to other law abiding citizens.

Considering the level of dislike for police in some circles of the Democratic party, and the open call for disarming the police that comes from parts of the left, I don't fancy the chances of this bill.

I think their end goal is a police force like Japan, where only certain specialized police units have guns, and only the high-level staff get to take them home at night.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Considering the level of dislike for police in some circles of the Democratic party, and the open call for disarming the police that comes from parts of the left, I don't fancy the chances of this bill.

Bacon was specifically targeted for defeat by the Giffords and Bloomberg groups. I am glad he got re-elected.

He had won his first term by just one point. As an incumbent he was ahead by 9 points in September, the gun control groups poured in a lot of money and resources into his opponent, and he only won by 3 points. the district is rated purple barely leaning GOP and less each year.

Perusing the Nebraska newspapers, a lot of critical mention was made of the fact that he got $12k from NRA, and virtually no mention of the fact that his opponent got more from Giffords and Everytown, and also no mention his opponent got $250K from Soros's moveon and "change" fronts (which fund raise on gun control).

On this bill, it looks like he tried last year and it failed but he has a more organizational support.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC

I think their end goal is a police force like Japan, where only certain specialized police units have guns, and only the high-level staff get to take them home at night.

Totally agree. I was posting somewhat in jest of the shit the libs pull in NJ and CA mostly to keep the police union money on their side.

While I would never want a police force a la Japan, my point was more to that in the spirit of the 2A the same ludicrous restrictions imposed on citizens should be equally applied to government agents. To be clear, I don’t think there should be restrictions on ether.

NBF

Jun 26, 2010
    SOMD
    As I recall after working with Japanese Police investigators for numerous years, they hardly ever wore their weapons unless they were going after someone violent. They would send their riot police first and then the investigators would get to work over the "bad guy". They were not allowed to take their weapons home and had to turn them in at the end of their work day. I worked with them in mainland Japan and Okinawa and can state these facts based upon my personal experience. They rarely went to the firing range and would only shoot a few rounds, unlike us agents that would fire hundreds of rounds during our training sessions. Handguns were a VERY SENSITIVE matter to them. If you wanted to get their attention, just let them know you are running a gun case. They had the same goal of catching the bad guy.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Japan....If you wanted to get their attention, just let them know you are running a gun case.

Many people think we disarmed the population and newly left out any analog to the Second Amendment when drafting their Constitution under MacArthur during the occupation. We did not.

Japan already had centuries and centuries of taboo agains anyone outside the warlord and mercenary class. It was like a Christian or Jewish person in a Muslim country having a weapon -- a big no-no often with summery capital punishment. And the Japanese rulers were quite open and direct, since sword control with advent of steel there, and gun control literally since the late 1,500's , about this being to make sure those living under warlords could not resist.

The reason was not crime and policing, it was to keep a population cowed and unable assert liberty.

Policing in Japan is pretty easy. Japan can hold you 23 days without charge interrogating you 12 hours a day every day for that entire four weeks. There are no juries, in practical terms no such thing as illegally obtained or excluded evidence, virtually any evidence from any means is admissible.
    Japan literary has a 98% confession rate and an over 99% conviction rate -- literally two arrests in 300 do not result in a conviction.

Interestingly by, the definitions of the gun n control groups, and the academics they won, which all aggregate suicide and homicide as lethal violence, Japan is a much more lethally violent country than the USA, as is S. Korea

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019

And the retired cops who are working private security for the politicians who write these laws. They need to make sure the former cops they hire as bodyguards stay armed.

I feel bad for those guys... but not too bad. They should know better.

TSonder505

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2019
    Nope, will not support. The original LEOSA was promised as a "stepping stone" to reciprocity for us. Now that I know the cops just want privileges for themselves, I won't support.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Nope, will not support. The original LEOSA was promised as a "stepping stone" to reciprocity for us. Now that I know the cops just want privileges for themselves, I won't support.

First time I've seen this claim that it was a stepping stone for reciprocity. Can you provide further support?

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    And the retired cops who are working private security for the politicians who write these laws. They need to make sure the former cops they hire as bodyguards stay armed.

I feel bad for those guys... but not too bad. They should know better.

As far as I know the security that works for the politicians are all active US Capitol Police, not retired officers.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    How many years must one have been leo to qualify?

Nobody

10 years total. Could be an aggregate of 5 years at 1 place and 5 at another. Or just 10 straight at the same place.

Or, if you medically separated in good standing under 10 years, but after successful probation.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    10 years total. Could be an aggregate of 5 years at 1 place and 5 at another. Or just 10 straight at the same place.

Or, if you medically separated in good standing under 10 years, but after successful probation.

Thank you, Blaster.

NOBODY

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    First time I've seen this claim that it was a stepping stone for reciprocity. Can you provide further support?

LEAA offered membership to civilians (read take our cash) in a bid for our support in their effort to get LEOSA. The hook was that once that was secured they’d fight for our right to carry nation wide. I supported their effort via a fair amount of $$$. They failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    LEAA offered membership to civilians (read take our cash) in a bid for our support in their effort to get LEOSA. The hook was that once that was secured they’d fight for our right to carry nation wide. I supported their effort via a fair amount of $$$. They failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

LEAA=Law Enforcement Assistance Administration?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom