• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I understand that they use metric threads on the bolt handle so, be aware of that difference. I was looking at a YouTube video of them yesterday and the guy commented that the carrier is not chromed inside. That is a no go IMHO. Never used one of their products so, I can't comment on how well the handle stays in place or if they are actually not chromed inside.
    BTW, watching some of the related video's, there sure is a lot of stupid on YouTube!

On my White Oak side handle BCG's I use a "T" handled allen tool and I have never had one come loose. They have seen a lot of use over the years. I would have to check but, I think they use 1/4-28" threads.

I have one on a “truck gun” quality lower for sh!ts and giggles. It is chromed. The charging handle will come loose if you don’t tighten it carefully. The biggest warning in these is to be careful what optics you choose. I have a 3x magnifier that the mounting bolt sits right over top the charging handle and makes it a no go....

I like the novelty, but I agree with clandestine that it’s kind of a downgrade. It’s like an answer to a question nobody asked (or at least should have). Then again I own some .40 s&w pistols so what do I know.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    This whole side charging thing just doesn't make sense. I can quietly pull a standard charging handle and let it go forward slowly and be just as quiet. You can make sure the round is seated properly with that "useless" forward assist.

Side charging is pointless. Especially when you have a problem and you're hunting for proprietary parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom