• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    Hello everybody. New to the community. Joined to see if anyone could help me with a few questions I have. So I live in the great "gun loving" state of Maryland...I want to get a Sig Sauer M400 Swat (AR-15). Even though
    the government supposedly banned AR-15, I heard there was a workaround (something about an HBAR)...could someone explain that to me. If I don't buy in Maryland, could I buy it at a gun show in Virginia/Pennsylvania and bring it back? Or could I get a buddy living in another state to buy it for me then have it transferred? Sorry if this is a bad set of questions. Thanks everybody.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    HBAR= heavy barrel they are legal for sale in Maryland, some dealers say Colt HBAR only, some say all HBAR's are good to go. You could go out of state to buy an HBAR good luck finding an FFL that will do it, I'm sure there are some out there. There are a couple of IP's ( industry partners) that are members here that did have a few HBAR'S in stock.
    Your buddy cannot buy it and transfer it unless it's an HBAR, and since it's an HBAR you should pick it up yourself.

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    You cannot buy that rifle in MD. It's not an hbar. You also can't buy it in another state and bring it back because you're subject to MD law regarding the ban.

Welcome.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    Sig m400 is NOT an HBAR so it is banned in MD. Sig M556 piston AR is an HBAR that can be pirchased here.

Colt and Wintham Weaponry HBARs are also nice and cheaper than the sig M556

Also, the Engage Armament sells its own brand of HBAR ARs

My suggestion is go visit a shop near you

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Nope. Cash and carry.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

They can state "MD Compliant" all they want, I don't think that's an HBAR, nor do I think you will find a dealer to transfer one as such.

There are plenty of HBARs, and some dealers sell non DI gas AR pattern rifles.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 15,194

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Atlantic, MSAR, and Engage carry Sig's. Just give them a call and here it with your own ears.

myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    Yeah. I just emailed a few local gun shops and will give the rest a call this week. I should have got this before the ban. Did purchase a Sig P226 though.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Atlantic, MSAR, and Engage carry Sig's. Just give them a call and here it with your own ears.

That specific SIG he linked to? HBAR determination is left to dealers, but I would like to know their definition if they are selling that as an HBAR.

myongha

Jan 13, 2014
    On Target Inc - Didn't Have Any AR

J&S SALES, LLC dba CONTINENTAL ARMS - Has no idea about MD Compliant version

waiting on email from engage and 2a sales.

Sc0tt556

Freedom...."Earn this"
    May 14, 2013
    MD
    Try 2A Sales in Elkride/Laurel. The Gun Rack in Burtonsville - they both have HBARs in stock

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    I have Colt and Smith HBARs in stock, and/or easily available from distributors. Any HBAR no more than one evil feature, excluding Bushmasters, is legal and C&C in MD.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    On Target Inc - Didn't Have Any AR

J&S SALES, LLC dba CONTINENTAL ARMS - Has no idea about MD Compliant version

waiting on email from engage and 2a sales.

Myongha welcome to the community. Have you registered to vote? Are you an NRA member? Are you a MSI / Local member?

Are you an informed voter? Welcome to the community, I am guessing since you are asking some of these questions you may not be familiar with SB281 now the FSA 2013?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom