• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I am getting on board with class 3 stuff, but don't really know a whole lot about suppressors.

I will be looking to get one for a scorprion evo, rifle length, not sbr (yet ) :)

Can anyone make some suggestions for one that would thread on ?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Almost any modern pistol-caliber suppressor is going to have the ability to take pistons... you just get a fixed barrel spacer "piston" with the appropriate threading (check your rifle's manual), and you're good to go.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    My advice: first go to silencershop and peruse their offerings. You are going to want to use silencershop because they make the process really easy. If you dont use silencer shop, some dealers may charge a boatload for transfer fee and then fingerprints are a charge on top.

I have a Griffin Rev 9 and here is what I like about it:
    * breaks down to shorter length
    * rated for rifle calibers in the long configs, so I can put it on my other rifles.
    * user serviceable
    * did not pay a lot.

Most 9mm suppressors come with the piston for pistols. To use on a rifle, you will need a fixed barrel spacer and mount. Griffin Rev 9 came with the spacer as I recall, but the mount was extra.

As for mounting, this is another thing to consider: Some suppressors use their own "Quick detach" mounting system. I prefer direct thread, because some of the muzzle brakes or hiders are god awful. This is a personal preference.

my suggestion is to get the shortest one you can afford, that is also rated for rifle, which fits within your budget.

I also have AAC and they make good suppressors. Of the least expensive in-stock options in silencershop (Griffin Rev 9, Gemtech, AAC) I doubt you will go wrong with any as your first one. The main advantage of AAC and Griffin over Gemtech is that AAC, Griffin break down into a smaller short -config suppressor of 5.5" or so. I have used the short config on my 9mm AR rifle, I really cant tell the difference. The short config is handy for pistols as well.

Griffin Rev 9 in the full size config is rated up to 308 18" barrel. https://www.griffinarmament.com/revolution-9-silencer-mod-3/ The short config is rated to 223 16" barrel. These rifle ratings are for 6 or 7 shots or very slow fire shooting, not a mag dump. Not sure about AAC Ti-rant rating.

But as I said, I doubt you will go wrong with any of the least expensive in-stock options in silencer shop.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Most suppressor cos will also offer a screw mount in addition to the piston/spacer. I have screw mounts for all of my 9 mm cans. I don't like having to to pull the piston assy apart to install the spacer when I can easily just unscrew it and insert the other mount. Especially on the range. Also it seems that most will take either a SiCo or gemtech screw in mount. Check with the manufacturer. Don't forget that different calibers have different screw pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom