The gun you wish wasn't on "The List"....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Call me sentimental or old fashioned but I’ll go with the M1A as well. Could name it Charlene...

Some of it too is it just doesn’t handle adverse environmental conditions as well as an AR or AK. It’s a pretty open design, exactly like the Garand where you can get mud/dirt/sand in the action behind the bolt as well as along the op rod. That doesn’t mean it’ll lock up if you look at it, but it is more vulnerable. But such a pleasure to shoot.
    The fact that I can just pick it up, plug a groundhogs at 200+ without hesitation, just makes me giddy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    HK 94
    HK 91
    another M1A

H&K 91 was a fantastic shooter but I didn't keep it for very long. Its fluted chamber destroyed brass to the point of being unusable.

gtfGpnI.jpg

That's one of the 'prettier' ones. Usually, there was also a nice big dent in the neck of the case, too.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    To add onto the wooden club love, I'd like an M1A that isn't made by Springfield Armory. I think the JRA stuff sold by Sweaty Ben probably meets the bill. Those BM-59 clones look pretty sweet.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    my 2 mistakes were turning away a vepr AK-47.

Now, I'll have to go NFA to get an AK-47.

The other was buying a SA m1a national match as opposed to a socom II.

The socom was much more my style in terms of target shooting.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If I hadn't jumped on it when Ehrlich was running against that gun hating cvnt Kathleen Kennedy Townsend back in 2002, I would have to say Springfield M1A in .308. However, thinking at the time that dead to rights, Ehrlich doesn’t have a chance, I broke out the plastic and picked one up for something in the neighborhood of $1500. It came with a “government scope”, and at the time, I thought “what the hell am I doing”? Well, the rest is history, and the gun ban that I was fully expecting was delayed about a decade. This was one of the best purchased that I ever made, revolving credit notwithstanding.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    H&K 91 was a fantastic shooter but I didn't keep it for very long. Its fluted chamber destroyed brass to the point of being unusable.

gtfGpnI.jpg

That's one of the 'prettier' ones. Usually, there was also a nice big dent in the neck of the case, too.

Now, I miss my G-3!:sad20:

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    What are some of your guns you can only look at pictures of and sigh at as long as you live in maryland? Mine personally is the M1A. I know i vould get one in 6.5, but if its not wood stock with a parkerized finish in 308 its not the same imo!

I'm with you. I'd love to get my hands on one of Springfield's scout rifles, but alas... Maryland. Also, just any form of affordable 7.62x39 AK. Though, I might actually like my Vz. 58 better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom