• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Apr 30, 2020
    MoCo
    I ran into this a month or so ago, did paperwork on 6/4 and got "not disapproved" on 6/11. Went in to get the gun, everything was fine. A couple weeks later the dealer had a CZ P10C that I really wanted so I purchased that too b/c of the shortages everywhere. I did my paperwork on 6/26. Not 30 days obviously. Technically my 7 days should have been on like 7/3 or so but it was still processing past my 7th day. I was worried that they may disapprove and make me do the process over However on 7/11 I got my "not disapproved". So I just had to wait a bit longer than the 7 day holding period b/c of my last purchase

Steelteacher

Feb 19, 2020
    PG county
    I am waiting for the DC status myself. Learned that you can roll the 7 day waiting period in to the 30, so it doesn’t work out to be 37... learned from United.

gun_nut

Dec 9, 2018
    DC is for sure the way to go. Lets face it, we are all already on a list so it can't make it any worse for us.:lol2:

Maki

Jun 11, 2020
    Odenton
    Just so you know, Designated Collector is taking about 1.5-2 weeks right now. Just got mine in the mail on Monday after mailing it out on the the 16th.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My DC approval only took 2 weeks, it’s painless. Print form, fill form, take form to notary, notarize form, mail form. Save the approval letter you get in the mail.

Why?

I have NEVER needed the letter.

I check the box on the 77r, and MSP knows whether I lied or not.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Do they give you a letter our do you get another card to carry like the HQL?

NOBODY

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    You don't really need the paper copy of the letter anymore. The electronic application system automatically populates your status.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom