• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Been going there a while now. Most helpful employees ive run into. Had to decide on what handgun we wanted. And jus tthe ability to rent as many as you want and just try them all out. We have yet to rent any o the long guns/machine guns. But thats coming.

My only want there is a longer range for rifles and maybe a little more "setup" space. But the people and the facility are all top notch. Maybe Ill go this weekend.

Its a nice place. You should also try Heritage Training Center. Very nice place and they have well over 100 different pistols, shotguns, and rifles to rent.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Im not as into renting now. Purchased all the guns I want to shoot, for now. Gotta save more for new ones.

But im down to try places.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    As an update I've shot about 10 matches there but missed the one last week and that won't be one Thanksgiving week. Tons of fun and I'm a much better shooter now having done these!
    Can you just go to watch one before participating? I have never seen one before let alone participated.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Can you just go to watch one before participating? I have never seen one before let alone participated.

Yes, but I would just do it! I brought my friend once (first timer) and everyone was SUPER nice and patient. He came in last but is now hooked. He drives 2 hours through rush hour traffic just to goto the match!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

Yes, in fact I strongly recommend watching a match before participating so you understand the rules. You don't need to be able to shoot well to participate in the match, but you need to be able to handle your gun safely.

I watched a match before participating and I got so into it I was even helping paste targets (which means putting the stickers over the bullet holes after a shooter finishes the course of fire and gets a score so the next shooter can go and be scored) :lol2:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Got this, thought I would pass along.

Attachments

• tmgn.jpg
      tmgn.jpg
      100.9 KB · Views: 486

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    I have been there a few times and like everyone else says; very friendly staff and great overall experience. I have been contemplating on buying a membership and after reading through this thread I think I just need to go and do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    F2S: Hope you got in yesterday with their $100 off memberships! It was a zoo in there around early afternoon when I was finally able to drop by, they still had 6 slots left out of the 25. Picked up an ammo can package for $40, no luck on the surprise certificate but aside from the items listed there was a card with one hour of free range time ($20 value) so that plus the T shirt, pint glass, shot glass, and can itself (small plastic can, like the $5 Plano) was a decent value. Staff was super friendly as always even after dealing with a mob scene for a few hours by then :)

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    F2S: Hope you got in yesterday with their $100 off memberships! It was a zoo in there around early afternoon when I was finally able to drop by, they still had 6 slots left out of the 25. Picked up an ammo can package for $40, no luck on the surprise certificate but aside from the items listed there was a card with one hour of free range time ($20 value) so that plus the T shirt, pint glass, shot glass, and can itself (small plastic can, like the $5 Plano) was a decent value. Staff was super friendly as always even after dealing with a mob scene for a few hours by then :)
    Well, glad they're getting great business, but hope it's less busy when I try and hit the range there tomorrow, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Well, glad they're getting great business, but hope it's less busy when I try and hit the range there tomorrow, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Haha, yes agreed - I've never seen it that crowded on any Saturday I've gone. However part of the uptick was likely a combination of their Black Friday sales and folks being off work.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013

I actually went and got a membership Wednesday. May try to go up tomorrow during the member hours only. Does anyone know if it's usually really crowded during that time?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I actually went and got a membership Wednesday. May try to go up tomorrow during the member hours only. Does anyone know if it's usually really crowded during that time?

Not bad at all. I usually go on the tail end, like around 11-11:30, and have never had to wait. Members only hours is def the best time to go.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Not bad at all. I usually go on the tail end, like around 11-11:30, and have never had to wait. Members only hours is def the best time to go.

Awesome thank you. I went right at ten when they opened and there were only a few people there. Definitely worth getting the membership. Has anyone done the matches they have Thursday's? I have never done any but I plan on going to watch and then participate next week

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom