• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    What a the closest place to hunt public land with a firearm from east Baltimore county? Took the hunters safety course a few months back, never been hunting before. Couldn't find anyone to help/take me so I'm gonna try to figure it out myself. I know there are places on the eastern shore, but I'm hoping there's something under an hour drive :shrug:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not too sure but, Pretty Boy Res., maybe. Look it up in your Md. Guide To Hunting and Trapping book that came with your license. Or go on line and down load the PDF. It lists all public hunting areas in Md.

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    What a the closest place to hunt public land with a firearm from east Baltimore county? Took the hunters safety course a few months back, never been hunting before. Couldn't find anyone to help/take me so I'm gonna try to figure it out myself. I know there are places on the eastern shore, but I'm hoping there's something under an hour drive :shrug:

protegeV:

You sound like you have the passion and drive to become a hunter. I like that and want to support that. I am not sure what public hunting opportunities exist for you near your place as per your question. BUT, I tell you what, drop me an email if you are interested and I will set you up in one of my tree stands out back. You will need your own safety harness. That is for deer. Shotgun/muzzleloader/bow only for deer in our location I am afraid. Three bucks out of our woods so far this season. Would love the 4th to be yours.

If you are into squirrel/rabbit, that is no problem as well, we have some of those out back in our woods as well.

If our seasonal pond ever gets water in it this season, ducks as well.

I would be glad to help get you started out safely and effectively, been hunting for decades and am currently (VA) or have been (TX and VT) certified to teach Hunter Ed as well as IBEP Bowhunter Ed. Just outside of Brunswick, MD so it will be somewhat of a hike for you.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    protegeV:

You sound like you have the passion and drive to become a hunter. I like that and want to support that. I am not sure what public hunting opportunities exist for you near your place as per your question. BUT, I tell you what, drop me an email if you are interested and I will set you up in one of my tree stands out back. You will need your own safety harness. That is for deer. Shotgun/muzzleloader/bow only for deer in our location I am afraid. Three bucks out of our woods so far this season. Would love the 4th to be yours.

If you are into squirrel/rabbit, that is no problem as well, we have some of those out back in our woods as well.

If our seasonal pond ever gets water in it this season, ducks as well.

I would be glad to help get you started out safely and effectively, been hunting for decades and am currently (VA) or have been (TX and VT) certified to teach Hunter Ed as well as IBEP Bowhunter Ed. Just outside of Brunswick, MD so it will be somewhat of a hike for you.

Dude, that was great to offer that! Kudos to you!

This will be my first year hunting as well. Wish me luck!

Gunlawyer

Jan 18, 2013
    Knoxville, MD
    Unfortunately protegeV was not able to make it up for opening day of firearm season (which was my suggestion as it would provide the best odds of him seeing deer running around) so I sat in the stand I was gonna put him in and just as shooting light started to get decent, a small buck ran right under me at 20 yards and I blasted it for my underemployed neighbor who had asked me to get him some deer meat. The invite stands open for the future of course and I will update this thread when protegeV does make it up here and will post photos of him and his first deer hopefully!

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and a safe and productive opening weekend of Maryland firearm season!

JRMills, how did your hunt go?

Chris

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Unfortunately protegeV was not able to make it up for opening day of firearm season (which was my suggestion as it would provide the best odds of him seeing deer running around) so I sat in the stand I was gonna put him in and just as shooting light started to get decent, a small buck ran right under me at 20 yards and I blasted it for my underemployed neighbor who had asked me to get him some deer meat. The invite stands open for the future of course and I will update this thread when protegeV does make it up here and will post photos of him and his first deer hopefully!

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving and a safe and productive opening weekend of Maryland firearm season!

JRMills, how did your hunt go?

Chris

Today is my first day. Sitting In the woods as I am typing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom