• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Ending Gun Violence Requires Commitment, Not All of it Voluntary

In the third paragraph ...

The good news is: Obama and the Senate Democrats have no intention of passing more idiotic gun legislation in response to the Newtown massacre. The bad news is that they also have no intention of passing any legislation about the mentally ill, which would actually do something to reduce these mass shootings.

Instead, the Democrats will jawbone about "assault weapons" and other meaningless gun laws for the sole purpose of scaring soccer moms into hating the National Rifle Association. Expect to hear a lot about Republicans preferring "the gun lobby" to "children." (Which is evidently not at all like preferring the teachers lobby to children.)

Democrats are hoping to pick up another dozen congressional seats in 2014, so they need terrified women.

Just don't expect a vote. Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid cannot afford a vote on any of these nonsense gun laws because he needs to protect the seats of Democrats who have to get re-elected in districts where voters know something about guns.

What Ann is describing is the ultimate leftist Kabuki dance to sow the seeds of 'goodwill' towards the states where they hope to gain House seats, as well as strengthen POTUS candidates like Cuomo and Owe'Malley for a 2016 run.

She also makes an excellent point about mental illness and gun violence.

Schizophrenics are generally incapable of knowing they need help. Without involuntary commitment, they are abandoned to the streets, getting beaten up, sexually abused, stolen from and set on fire. They also sometimes push people onto subway tracks, murder grandmothers, slaughter firemen and enter "gun-free zones" to commit mass murder.

WAKE UP AMERICA !!!

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    lol. no one is going to wake up in this country until they have no internet,tv,food and heat/AC

I'm not as cynical than I used to be. Despite how the MSM biasedly portrays public sentiment, I keep hearing the strains of this 60's song by Buffalo Springfield waffing through the air.

There's something happening here
    What it is ain't exactly clear
    There's a man with a gun over there
    Telling me
    I've got to beware

CSNY's redo sucked ...

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    The bad news: everyone hates Ann Coulter.

Citation, please. Blanket statements like that need some evidence.

I often find her language a little difficult to follow, but the content is pretty good.

SonicBlue

NRA RSO
    Nov 25, 2009
    Leonardtown
    The bad news: everyone hates Ann Coulter. I wish someone more credible would step up.

She's been demonized by the Liberal Media, just like gun owners are now. If you listen to what she has to say it's typically right on the mark and is very credible.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Universal background checks lead to confiscation

Universal background checks lead to univesal registration, leads to universal confiscation ... which leads to universal extermination.

Jan 28, 2013
    Schizophrenics have committed how many mass shootings compared with others? Locking people up because they might commit crime is like banning guns because they might be used in crime.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Coulter focuses on the left's latest tactic

Trouble in the Nanny State

So liberals don't try to make that case. They just say they're against "shaming" and then go back to shaming gun owners, non-recyclers, smokers and "Big Gulp" aficionados -- while subsidizing illegitimacy.

Is embarrassment the root cause of liberal insanity, but now instead of shifting the blame, they're shifting the shame ? Hmmmm, could be ...

Sing along with this ditty from the 60's ?

The NAME BLAME SHAME Game

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Since we're posting videos.....

"You know it means no mercy, they caught him with a gun
    No need for the Black Maria, goodbye to the Brixton sun"

Zyvo

Mar 2, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The bad news: everyone hates Ann Coulter. I wish someone more credible would step up.

I love Ann Coulter. She calls it like she sees it and doesn't mince words. She is vilified because she doesn't play nice with liberals. She exposes their hypocrisy and they hate her for it. She is surgical in her ability to dissect an opponents argument.:party29:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Coulter with a GRAND SLAM this time ...

Writing about our favorite economist/statistician, John Lott ...

Coulter: America’s Most Feared Economist

You can tell the conservatives liberals fear most because they start being automatically referred to as “discredited.” Ask Sen. Ted Cruz. But no one is called “discredited” by liberals more often than the inestimable economist John Lott, author of the groundbreaking book More Guns, Less Crime: Understanding Crime and Gun Control Laws.

Suffice it to say that of the 177 separate analyses run by all these critics, only seven show a statistically significant increase in crime after the passage of concealed-carry laws, while 90 of their own results show a statistically significant drop in crime — and 80 show no difference.

“Discredited” in liberal lingo means, “Ignore this study; it didn’t come out well for us.”

:clap:

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I am a republican and cant stand her. There is also something to be said that she loooovvvess chris christi

"Loved" as in past tense. I've heard her walk that one way back. I like Ann very much, but I didn't agree with her on Christie. I do like the way he stood up to the teachers' union, but on most other issues he's just a prog.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Coulter is better in print. I have a hard time listening to her in on television. She talks like she writes, and while she writes well, some of the sarcasm and dry wit that comes off well in print comes off as condescending on television.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom