• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 28, 2013
    wait...wuh?

so does that mean that an AR in .300BLK doesn't need to be marked "HBAR"?

I don't think a .300 barrel could even have the m203 notch, so it's gtg in any event.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    so I guess the logic (HA!) is like this:

If it's 5.56/.223, the barrel has to be marked HBAR in some manner.

If it's any other caliber, no restrictions on barrel taper or weight or marking or anything.

Is that the right way to stay right with the law?

Question .... If you have a hbar diameter bbl , that is factory fluted ( rguns) is this still ok for a post 10/1 lower ?
    Does the fluting now make this a non-hbar even though it still has the same .75 diameter ?
    Does anyone have a rock solid answer on this ? No guesswork ...

Abellmio

May 17, 2011
    If only 5.56 ARs are banned, are 5.45 AKs not banned because they're not 7.62x39mm? I thought the last time I read through only the "AK-47" was banned by name.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If only 5.56 ARs are banned, are 5.45 AKs not banned because they're not 7.62x39mm? I thought the last time I read through only the "AK-47" was banned by name.

Yup, AK and "all variants" pretty much nixed that. Had they said colt ar15 and all variants we'd be even more screwed :sad20:

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Question .... If you have a hbar diameter bbl , that is factory fluted ( rguns) is this still ok for a post 10/1 lower ?
    Does the fluting now make this a non-hbar even though it still has the same .75 diameter ?
    Does anyone have a rock solid answer on this ? No guesswork...

show me anything in this state's gun laws that has a rock solid answer. They like it that way, that way you just don't buy it till you get an answer. Gun ban by proxy.

TheGunnyRet

Ultimate Member
    Mar 27, 2014
    Falling Waters, WV
    AS I understand the SB281 your AR15 has to either be stamped HBAR or "Heavy" or have it stated in the literature from Manufacturer/Seller and that would be for all the calibers used on an AR15 Platform...JMI

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    AS I understand the SB281 your AR15 has to either be stamped HBAR or "Heavy" or have it stated in the literature from Manufacturer/Seller and that would be for all the calibers used on an AR15 Platform...JMI

That's one of MANY understandings....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom