• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 11Bravo

NRA Lifer
    Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona the land of the FREE
    I

By comparison, Fionnros' (my wife) rifle is a .300blk that she doesn't shoot near as much because of the ammo cost

Here is some decently priced BLK. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Bart pointed out I never posted the link. Here it is below. About $11.00 per 20 rnds.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-l300aac2.html

As far a a 7.62x39 AR, Didn't know they made them. Might need to start looking into getting one as 7.62x39 is still much cheaper than my .300 BLK or the 5.56/.223

Glad I happened across this thread.

Last edited:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Here is some decently priced BLK. Hope this helps.

As far a a 7.62x39 AR, Didn't know they made them. Might need to start looking into getting one as 7.62x39 is still much cheaper than my .300 BLK or the 5.56/.223

Glad I happened across this thread.

Bravo...

considering we live in Edgewood, you and I should get out shooting together. It'll give you a chance to try out the rifle.

Also I dont see the ammo link.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

Doing it again I probably would be all about the LAR-47 if the mags actually work well (there is a surprising amount of variability amongst AK mags, the AK is loose enough to handle it but.......)

I have a Kies upper and it is insanely accurate with 1/2 at 50 yards on 10rd relatively rapid bursts with surplus. Runs fine on 10rd mags. Havent been able to get it to run well with ACR or C products mags.

Given the rate of increase of 7.62*39 ammo over the last 5 years, if it continues you will be easily able to load 300AAC cheaper.

11Bravo

NRA Lifer
    Dec 10, 2009
    Arizona the land of the FREE
    Bravo...

considering we live in Edgewood, you and I should get out shooting together. It'll give you a chance to try out the rifle.

Also I dont see the ammo link.

Thanks for the offer Bart, I forgot to change my location as I havent been on in awhile. But the ARMY saw fit to move us to Ft Huachuca in Arizona last October.

I currently reside in the land of 18 and older can open carry pistol with no license and 21 and older can conceal carry with no license otherwise known as the land of freedom "Can you tell im trying to rub it in :D:innocent0". Since I have been here I havent heard of any gun crime in my area and Im right on the border, yet every where I go there are people with guns. Go figure. I appreciate the offer though. When I make it back that way to visit I may take you up on that. What do you think of the 7.62x39 in the AR platform? How does it stack up compared to the .300 other than price?

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    Thanks for the offer Bart, I forgot to change my location as I havent been on in awhile. But the ARMY saw fit to move us to Ft Huachuca in Arizona last October.

I currently reside in the land of 18 and older can open carry pistol with no license and 21 and older can conceal carry with no license otherwise known as the land of freedom "Can you tell im trying to rub it in :D:innocent0". Since I have been here I havent heard of any gun crime in my area and Im right on the border, yet every where I go there are people with guns. Go figure. I appreciate the offer though. When I make it back that way to visit I may take you up on that. What do you think of the 7.62x39 in the AR platform? How does it stack up compared to the .300 other than price?

you know ....now that you remind me I remember the thread about your PCS move..

I absolutely LOVE the the 7.62x39 AR. I have a recoil shock absorbing stock on it and have had AK lovers fire it and just be slack-jawed at how much more accurate they were and how much lighter the felt recoil was with the exact same Tula ammo they were firing from their AKs

the special mags were a bit of a hassle but the whole pouch its leaning against is filled with them so I'm set with them now.

the 300blk is using standard Pmags which is definately an advantage. But I have not really fired it more than basic function testing and Helping to Zero sights.
    Also its her rifle and its purple so I don't play with it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 188
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      107.2 KB · Views: 186

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have that stock on my Saiga 12, and it's awesome. Also surprised that people have such difficulties with 7.62x39... ASC magazines work great in 5.45x39 AR-15.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Well I put together my own 7.62x39 upper. i used an Anderson Arms 14.5" barrel and an MGI Enhanced bolt and firing pin. After 20 rnds of Winchester brass ammo and 5 rounds of steel cased bear/Wolf type ammo the extractor broke on the bolt.

MGI is sending me a free replacement. I would think the bolt/extractor could handle the steel ammo. The unit cycled very nicely. Tried a hydraulic buffer but would not let the bolt come back far enough to lock after last round. Put a standard AR buffer back in and it cycled flawlessly and locked open after last round until the extractor broke.

Will field test again after the new extractor shows.

Dave

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    Unless you buy a really GOOD mid length gas barrel, MGI Bolt Head, recut the feed ramps your gonna likely end up with issues. The only place that made decent mags went out of business so I would advise against it.

Best go .300 Blackout if you want something different it only requires a different barrel.

Clandestine nailed it, as usual. :party29:

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Unless you buy a really GOOD mid length gas barrel, MGI Bolt Head, recut the feed ramps your gonna likely end up with issues. The only place that made decent mags went out of business so I would advise against it.

Best go .300 Blackout if you want something different it only requires a different barrel.

What company made decent mags thats out of business?

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom