• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Cool to know-thanks for the info :thumbsup:

We came to the conclusion that his is an East German import with some Hungarian parts thrown on it. That would make sense since the gun was acquired in West Germany in the 80's. Mr. Lawrence could fill you in better on exactly when and how he acquired this firearm, I did read that the East Germans used Mosin's with blanks to scare potential defectors from the wall. I can imagine it was quite effective having a fireball of that size coming at you :D.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    We came to the conclusion that his is an East German import with some Hungarian parts thrown on it. That would make sense since the gun was acquired in West Germany in the 80's. Mr. Lawrence could fill you in better on exactly when and how he acquired this firearm, I did read that the East Germans used Mosin's with blanks to scare potential defectors from the wall. I can imagine it was quite effective having a fireball of that size coming at you :D.
    Go back to shooting skunks!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Definitely not crazy, Lou....at least in this instance ;)

The "7.62 Russian", "eagle over N", "311" with that cross-hatched box or shield, and the "WWF" Austrian mark are the German Federal Pressure Proofs on the left side of the barrel shank as required by German law to be imported into the country.

Crazy? Me? I quess that depends on one's definition thereof. Oh well, no men in white coats visiting me tonight. :innocent0

h2u, where did you find the information so that I may use it for possible future reference? Or were you holding back to play "it's let's test Lou day":lol2: as Lou fell flat on his face with a post I made this past Tuesday:sad20:, can't believe that happened.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Lou and h2u: Thanks for all the info. I thought there were enough smarts on this forum without going external. You both proved me right. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom