• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tpe187

Mar 8, 2019
    Well, I bought a B&T APC9 Pro with the intent of SBRing it and in the meantime just running a pistol brace. At the time, I had no idea there was an SBR minimum length as I thought SBRs were Federal standards. I reserved myself to the fact that I would have to run the pistol brace...

If the latest ATF shenanigans hold true, the pistol brace will no longer be an option. Now what? The only thing I can think of is pinning a can, but that would really be the last option.

Am I missing anything on the overall length issue for SBRs? Thanks for the help.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    SBR length is measured with the stock fully extended.
    https://www.nationalguntrusts.com/b...ed-with-the-stock-fully-extended-or-collapsed
    So you can avoid being under the Section 4-301 copycat weapon 29" minimum if you install an collapsible stock that will extend out to that OAL. Then it would be just a regular SBR.
    You may need to get something custom made, by modifying some kind of existing stock somehow. I suspect somebody in a good machine shop could modify an existing stock to be extendable somehow. That's your fix.

tpe187

Mar 8, 2019
    With the brace its 23", but maybe there is a way to add the 6" with some kind of sliding mechanism that is 29" when extended but normal LOP when collapsed.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    if it were me I'd leave the brace on it .( there are so many brace options for the B&T's ) but stretching 6 inches would be a choir. now it may be worth a call to B&T as they were to produce a 16 inch barrel variation. you could buy the longer barrel, and cut it down to whst ever gives you the 29" overall. just some options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom