• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    OK, then why don't you put up 30 round mags for sale at a gun show in MD?

Stand up for yourself and LIVE.

Personally, I do not poke wasp nests and other things that have NO upside.

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    They are living the fantasy that the Antis will, at some point, be satisfied and leave the rest of us alone. This approach is insanity in it's classic form,
    and does nothing to help.

Wake up. The Antis will not be satisfied, and agreeing to the lie that any certain facet of firearms and accessories is somehow inherently evil is not only counterproductive, but also just plain stupid. Yes, "stupid", and there is no other word to describe it.

^^^^^^^^
    THIS!

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    OK, then why don't you put up 30 round mags for sale at a gun show in MD?

Stand up for yourself and LIVE.

Personally, I do not poke wasp nests and other things that have NO upside.
    Because that would be an a blatantly illegal act. You'll notice my comment was directed at your earlier reply to Tylenator's post about selling magazines while out of state.
    If he is out of state and offering for sale/selling magazines to someone, that has nothing to do with Maryland or it's laws. Still you suggested he may be arrested and need to prove his innocence to Maryland authorities for an act that took place outside the states jurisdiction.

It would appear to me, based on your comments, that you fear the possibility of arrest or prosecution to such an extent that not only are you afraid to take part in perfectly legal acts which you worry may be perceived as illegal, but you feel the need to dissuade others from doing so as well.
    This is clearly not the attitude of a free person. I was trying to make you aware of that without having to go into such painfully obvious detail.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    No, you need to read what I posted.

If he offers them for sale online, he COULD be charged. The state would make the case that he offered them for sale from MD. If he showed he was out of state when he offered them for sale, he would be OK, but he would still have to hire a lawyer and go through the process.

All well and good. But until you manage to convince MD of all those facts, you could have been arrested and have had to hire a lawyer and maybe even go to court.

Is it worth all that?

OTOH you posted:

When you know you're in the right, yes... yes it is. People are "arrested" all the time for exercising their rights lawfully. Does the fact that happens mean we should all cease to exercise those rights? HELL NO!

You need to stop fearing the police, their authority, and what they "might do". A lot of different people MIGHT do a lot of different things to you. A lot of bad things MIGHT happen to you. You might die in a car accident tomorrow. So what? It's no reason not to go out or not to drive.

Have some self respect, stand up for yourself, and actually LIVE dammit!

Which seems to have you saying to ignore that law to exercise your "rights."

Your choice, but why put yourself in the position of possibly being arrested/charged?

Just take the things to an out of state show and sell them.

DaedalEVE

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 31, 2008
    The Dictatorship of Maryland
    No, you need to read what I posted.

If he offers them for sale online, he COULD be charged. The state would make the case that he offered them for sale from MD. If he showed he was out of state when he offered them for sale, he would be OK, but he would still have to hire a lawyer and go through the process.

OTOH you posted:

Which seems to have you saying to ignore that law to exercise your "rights."

Your choice, but why put yourself in the position of possibly being arrested/charged?

Just take the things to an out of state show and sell them.
    Whatever. I've ordered mags while in state then gone to a friends out of state to pick them up, and I'll offer them when in state if I want then go out to do the transaction. Let the boogie man come if he has a problem with it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Your choice to do that.

But not too smart to announce it on an open forum. :)

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    DINO
    Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    The law limiting sales of 30rd mags, helps us out by making the anti-gunners feel like they are safer, and we just have to deal with a little inconvience.

Sorry, but I disagree ...
    IMO, any laws which put restrictions/limitations on guns, ammo and/or gun ownership only help pave the way for more severe restrictions/limitations or worse.

It's only "a little inconvenience" until you look at the bigger picture

I have to agree, that this is very easily overlooked as a way to slowly get things going, until one day, when the restrictions are so vast and great.....many are shaking their head wondering HOW WE GOT HERE. A little at a time! :-)

And that's how many of the liberal, rabid, anti gun people think. They do not openly mention it, for fear of waking up the sleepers among us who want to make peace and find some common ground. Years ago, I used to think that Wayne LaPierre was TOO STUBBORN in his goals, or stands. And it took many years to understand the point he was trying to make. It didn't happen over night, but by watching and listening, I can see where he is coming from right now. That is smart guy, who has the BIG PICTURE that he focus's on.

Anyways, that's how I view things now, and it has taken some head pounding for me to see that, but, when people make references about how Nazi Germany took over the country, and people here say: "Oh Please, that can never happen". well, maybe not some things, but the round up of weapons from the people, I can now see that happening very easily, and not taking a decade or more either, once the ball is in play.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Yeah, it was started in 2009l....and STILL CAUSING arguments 4 years later...hahahahahahahaha

WEll, this isn't the first time I posted on a thread without looking at the date....guess Im getting sleepy eyed!! hahahahahaha

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I would love to have someone figure out how much tax revenue this absurd law has cost the state and then present that figure to the state legislature and ask them to explain why such a law is in place.

Figure the loss of sales tax at the gun shops and gun shows, the additional business tax that those in state vendors would pay, etc...

Really, how many people have been arrested on this stupid law? How much crime has been deterred?

Common sense has no place in our government silly. :sad20:

GearDown

Mar 18, 2012
    MD
    You should just sell them as what they are... 10 round 458 SOCOM mags. They meet the 10 round limit that gives all the liberal lawmakers raging erections for some reason.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    In case anyone is reading this thread and trying to decide what to do to get rid of some high capacity mags, that will be over 10 rounds after Oct. 1, 2013. I suspect if they drove over the nearest state line (except DC) and stopped at a rest area or on the side of the road headed for Maryland and held up a sign "30 Round Mags. For Sale" he would not have them for long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom