• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I am having trouble getting consistent metering with Titegroup, similar to my experience with Unique. Just wondering if it is my technique, or does it not meter consistently? I'm using it for .40 S&W, 4.7 grains with 180g fmj bullets.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    I use it for 9mm 147gr loads. Meters great in my Hornady LNL progressive. Very consistent.

What type of powder measure are you using?

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    Meters very well in a progressive.

Be careful. You need so little, you could double charge and not notice, with nasty results. Not a great powder for beginners.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I use a cheap Lee Pro1000 with the disks, meters consistently and cleanly for me.

Verified by beam and digital scale.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Meters very well in a progressive.

Be careful. You need so little, you could double charge and not notice, with nasty results. Not a great powder for beginners.

Glad you mentioned this as I'm trying to get into reloading and have some Titegroup. Guess I'll use the Bullseye I have coming.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Loaded up some 45acp with titegroup recently, no issues with an RCBS powder measure, similar to loading unique, meters fine for me...

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    Glad you mentioned this as I'm trying to get into reloading and have some Titegroup. Guess I'll use the Bullseye I have coming.

I could not find any Bullseye so I had some titegroup and decided to go with it . It really don't matter both you can throw a double charge with eather one . To me I just like Bullseye because I have been using it for 30+ years . SO now I will use Titegroup .

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

Titegroup...Bullseye....

The correct charge weight of either will fill very little of a case's actual physical capacity to hold powder. And that's what you need to be keenly aware of.

Just make damned sure to prevent distractions and to utilize proper processes and checks to prevent against double charges.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Meters fine in my Dillon 550.

I use it for the 180gr 40 S&W like you, & also 124gr 9mm. Love the results.

NRA & SAF Life Member

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I'm getting 4.7 grains + or - .2 grains. So 4.5-4.9g. Am I correct in assuming this is mediocre metering results? What are your standards?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom