• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    Is it me, or does it seem like more, and more Americans are against guns? Following the school shooting in Ga, and the Aussie baseball player, and even before that it seems like the media is pushing towards a nationwide gun ban like Australia. I also noticed that any pro 2A person is painted as a right winged hate filled facist loon. I'm pro 2a and liberal, but it seems like the media likes to interview those James Yeager types to put this face on all fun owners. What's more is ppl have been getting shot for years, don't get me wrong 1 non justifiable homicide is one too many, but it appears to be getting more media coverage now. Could this ultimately lead to a withdrawal of the 2A from our bill of rights? I've heard several politicians state that it doesn't guaranteeis the right to bear arms?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Is it me, or does it seem like more, and more Americans are against guns? Following the school shooting in Ga, and the Aussie baseball player, and even before that it seems like the media is pushing towards a nationwide gun ban like Australia. I also noticed that any pro 2A person is painted as a right winged hate filled facist loon. I'm pro 2a and liberal, but it seems like the media likes to interview those James Yeager types to put this face on all fun owners. What's more is ppl have been getting shot for years, don't get me wrong 1 non justifiable homicide is one too many, but it appears to be getting more media coverage now. Could this ultimately lead to a withdrawal of the 2A from our bill of rights? I've heard several politicians state that it doesn't guaranteeis the right to bear arms?

The news media makes it seem that way but firearms sales indicate otherwise.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    You need to see "real America".

Yesterday afternoon, here in my little corner of NC, a deranged man opened fire on a tree-trimming crew, shooting three people. Eventually, he was shot by police.

In one of the articles, it was mentioned in passing that "a passerby opened fire on the gunman, preventing him from shooting more people".

That passerby was not portrayed as a vigilante, or some armed yahoo looking for trouble.....they were portrayed as someone who stepped up to assist.

squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    The Press is against guns because they make a good villain. "Shooting" stories mean ratings, and it benefits them to keep the debate alive. Even the pro-2A crowd tunes in to scream at their TVs. They don't care whether you like it, hate it, agree, disagree, whatever, just as long as you leave the TV on long enough for some sponsors to get some of your time.

Pop-culture is often dictated by the media. Fact of life.

The PEOPLE themselves, however, seem to be more in support of 2A and more wary of "big gov" in general than they ever have been. That is reflected in all of the gun documentaries, gun shop reality shows, shooting competitions, conspiracy theory shows, "doomsday prepper" exposes, and such popping up on major educational and entertainment networks.

As someone said above, it's also evident by the gun sales, the recalls in Colorado, and the fact that a Democratic Senate couldn't even get a NICS-check bill passed and has already stated opposition to the UN Small Arms Treaty.

In short, change the channel. :P

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    No.

The high water mark of the anti-gun movement has come and gone. 2A survived it. We survived it. This is their swan-song. Their last croaking death rattle as they fade into oblivion, destined only to be remembered by history as the pariahs they actually were.

They're pushing so hard because they know they've become irrelevent.

Don't give them an inch and they'll soon be just another unpleasent memory of people in this country who tried and failed to intimidate you into giving up your god-given rights.

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    The news media makes it seem that way but firearms sales indicate otherwise.

And except for the approximately half-dozen states going more toward anti-2A positions, the rest are strengthening their pro-2A laws or at least staying that way.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    They know the general public's opinion of 2A rights; they are trying to change it thru propaganda.

They also know that the general public has no idea of what current laws are ... pretty easy to imply that current law permits mass killing with a full auto acquired with no background check at a gun show, so more restrictions are needed (even the current head of MSP was of this impression at the beginning of this year).

Once you convince the public that current law is deficient, you are free to increase restrictions.

patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    Marylanders need to educate themselves instead of being sheep! Maryland has NO gun show loop holes! Everything is regulated here including private sales.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The ONE and ONLY thing I will give Brian Frosh credit for is that during the hearings in Naptown he actually CORRECTED a fellow delegate and stated that there were no gun show loopholes in MD. I about fell off my chair along with about 20 other people that were near me.

tapeman1

Ultimate Member
    Aug 31, 2012
    Severna Park, MD
    The media, which is mostly anti 2A, would definitely like you to think the country is changing when it comes to gun rights. They're doing everyting in their power, with the help of Captain Moneybags (Bloomberg) to give everyone that impression.

But talk to your liberal friends about it. You'll be surprised by how many of them who hate or are terrified of guns and would NEVER want one don't think anyone should f%^k with your right to own them.

The people who are actually joining "Mothers Against Baby Killing Death Machines" are few and far between.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    .... I'm pro 2a and liberal, ...

The end of 2A happened in 1934 when they effectively banned MGs from common gun owners. 2A was about M16s not AR15s or hunting rifles. Its been a done deal for many years now.

2A and Liberal... Well you have time to smarten up on the second half as the two are not really compatible if you really understand the goals of modern liberalism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom