• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Wonder how the pawn shops are doing around town? In Marylinistan they only deal in long guns. Going to have to check out the few in Fredneck.

You are going to the wrong pawn shops.

Some do deal in handguns also.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Had to turn down an online buyer. In discourse he actually sent link to anti-2a propaganda. He thought first I could ship to his home and second being out of his State, I didn't have to follow his states laws. He wanted to bid on a Glock 43X and it isn't on CA gun roster.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's good to see that the ATF stings haven't been affected by the Coronavirus

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    When you are dealing with anti-gunners looking for guns, remember two things: We are all sinners and deserve forgiveness; like ex-smokers, converts (formerly anti-gunners who become pro-gun) are usually the most rabid pro-gun and can make the most effective arguments to persuade people.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    My approach is the classic "Feel, Felt, Found."

I know how you feel with all this confusion and red tape around providing for your own personal protection.

I felt the same way, and continue to do so, every time I go to purchase a firearm.

I found that patience and persistence is essential. You just have to hang in there and not get frustrated.

I also found that while I'm waiting, I can use the time to do some forward planning. Once you have your firearm, and the ammo you'll need, you'll need to develop some skills. While you're waiting, work out your calendar; get some range time scheduled. While you're waiting, and after your backgroud check has come back OK, why don't we go to the range and start your training. Practice is a great way to kill time (pun intended).

We have become an impatient people. Providing an opportunity to stay busy affords the possibility of doing some ideological recalibration. Attitudes follow behavior. This is a spectacular time to expand our community. Time spent on the range with new converts likely does more to further our efforts than all the emails we send to our legicritters. Recruit where you are.

Last edited:

EDA98

Dec 4, 2019
    Laurel MD
    I am now wishing I had gotten my HQL. Hopefully some people learn from this though. It sure isnt as easy as buying toilet paper lol

kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    When you are dealing with anti-gunners looking for guns, remember two things: We are all sinners and deserve forgiveness; like ex-smokers, converts (formerly anti-gunners who become pro-gun) are usually the most rabid pro-gun and can make the most effective arguments to persuade people.

This:)

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    When i was in Walmart today i talked to the salesperson at the gun counter. He said he had been selling guns to people that clearly knew nothing about guns. Jumpy people with firearms that don't know what they're doing is pretty scary stuff.

n0manarmy

Jan 9, 2019
    Moderate gun-owner chiming in. This is an ideal time to teach and explain about the process and the pain we have to deal with when enjoying what is our natural right.

I've talked to a few people who are both on the fence and looking into firearms. I've spent time explaining to them that at times like these, the police are under the same strain as the rest of the country. Even though the National Guard is called up, its roughly 1200 troops? Maryland's population is 6 million something. I suspect the National Guard is going to focus on denser areas and politicians and family.

Help people understand than when seconds matter, the police are only minutes away, especially in today's case where we're being told that some crimes are considered non-emergency.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Take this as a good opportunity to actually try to put on your smiley face and change some hearts and minds.

I realize that there is temptation to stick it to people, but this is not a useful instinct long term. Its counterproductive.

Take the opportunity to walk them through the paperwork, help them as much as possible, then help them get an MSI membership. Help them understand that Moms are only Demanding more counterproductive paperwork that criminals are not following. A lot of people I know have turned into full blown preppers at this point. Take full advantage to persuade people and resist your normal instincts.

This! A lot of people in my network who were strong anti-gun have changed their perspective and are scrambling to try to purchase one, only to find out how cumbersome it is. If something doesn’t touch your life it is hard to understand the impact these laws can have. The same fear that drove them to want to restrict/ban guns is now driving them to want to purchase them. Hopefully this helps them understand the impracticality of these laws and that restrictions do negate an important right. Criminals can get guns fairly easily, but law abiding citizens who need to protect themselves? Yeah not so much in this type of scenario.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009
    Kind of related.

Several years ago, DIL's cousin got evicted and and a bunch of the family got together to help him move. His new place did not allow guns and the rest of the family was freaked out about his AK. DIL brought it back here to store it with mine (which BTW are sitting at the bottom of the Bay). Yesterday, he came by to pick it up. Things are heating up out there!:sad20:

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    ****Yep. I've had a few people at work mention, who know nothing about guns other than they are evil and are solely designed to kill innocent people...wait for it..... where *they* can buy a gun to protect their family!!! I told one guy the internet but he was a bit surprised when he couldn't just put his gun of choice in the virtual cart and have it sent (free shipping!) by Amazon Prime. It's funny, how some people with media informed opinions and attitudes about guns are surprised that they can't buy guns as easily as getting a book from the library, or buying veggies, or simply clicking "buy now" on some website. :sad20:

Waiting for someone at work to ask if I can lend them a gun until all of this blows over... :rolleyes:

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Nobody who has waited until this point to suddenly decide they need a gun, has any business getting one.

There are far too many morons and clowns out there who, without someone to teach them properly, will
    most likely injure or shoot themselves, or a loved one.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Nobody who has waited until this point to suddenly decide they need a gun, has any business getting one.

There are far too many morons and clowns out there who, without someone to teach them properly, will

Was thinking the same thing. Potential for an increase in self inflicted injuries.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    ****Yep. I've had a few people at work mention, who know nothing about guns other than they are evil and are solely designed to kill innocent people...wait for it..... where *they* can buy a gun to protect their family!!! I told one guy the internet but he was a bit surprised when he couldn't just put his gun of choice in the virtual cart and have it sent (free shipping!) by Amazon Prime. It's funny, how some people with media informed opinions and attitudes about guns are surprised that they can't buy guns as easily as getting a book from the library, or buying veggies, or simply clicking "buy now" on some website. :sad20:

Waiting for someone at work to ask if I can lend them a gun until all of this blows over... :rolleyes:

because you know its inevitable... never fails during times like this

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

:rolleyes:

This is why we dont have nice things in MD. Even the gun owners are anti gun ownership.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Privately there may be some schadenfreude going on because they did this too themselves but at the end of the day no one should have to go through all of this bureaucracy and pointless restriction. But I am join them today calling around and being unable to find something in 5.45x39.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom