• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • R81

Jun 30, 2006
    Do any of you purchase .223 rifle brass that is already processed? That is, once fired brass that has been deprimed, resized, and trimmed to the correct length? Who do you purchase from and what is the cost? Are you satisfied with the consistency of cases you receive? Thanks.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    While I don't do processed brass here are 2, there are
    some others that process brass also, but have purchased
    unprocessed brass from these 2. They have good reviews
    and stand behind what they sell. Check out another forum
    reloading section. From time to time you will find
    special deals...I am sure others here will chime in...

http://fastandfriendlybrass.com/
    http://thebrassaholics.com/

http://ballistictools.com/store/556-brass/lake-city-556-processed-unprimed

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_7/114_Reloading_Supplies.html

-Rock

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    My experience, nearly 20 years ago, was multiple head stamps and a large case weight spread. ~10 - 12 grains from the lightest to the heaviest. The weight of any given head stamp and date was consistent.

I'm going to follow this thread to see if people's real world experience has changed.
    Mixing 88 gr and 98 grain brass did not seem like a good idea at the time, either for pressure or for accuracy.

Edit: I did use the brass in the "middle"

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Do any of you purchase .223 rifle brass that is already processed? That is, once fired brass that has been deprimed, resized, and trimmed to the correct length? Who do you purchase from and what is the cost? Are you satisfied with the consistency of cases you receive? Thanks.

No, I don't.

Any/all .223 brass that I have, I process/load.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I have a hard enough time getting unprocessed brass delivered with a minimum amount of damaged casings due to shipping/handling.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'll buy it cleaned but that's all. I bought some 'proccessed' .45 acp once and had fits with it.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    I have a hard enough time getting unprocessed brass delivered with a minimum amount of damaged casings due to shipping/handling.

Amen... purchased a bunch of once fired.. the boxes had no square edges, they were all sorta rounded like some one played B-ball with them, one box was soaked and the other box was dry.. the seller knew all to well how to pack them, bags inside of bags, inside of bags... but it is fun to see the delivery person carry a small sized box full of .45 200gr LSWC...

-Rock

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I purchase lake city brass that has been tumbled deprimed and had primer pockets swaged. I get it from brass bombers and they always throw in an extra 50 or so cases for every 1000 orderd. I would say out of 1000 i have 20 or 30 that get thrown out for one reason or another.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I purchase lake city brass that has been tumbled deprimed and had primer pockets swaged. I get it from brass bombers and they always throw in an extra 50 or so cases for every 1000 orderd. I would say out of 1000 i have 20 or 30 that get thrown out for one reason or another.

I'll have to check them out.:thumbsup:

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Amen... purchased a bunch of once fired.. the boxes had no square edges, they were all sorta rounded like some one played B-ball with them, one box was soaked and the other box was dry.. the seller knew all to well how to pack them, bags inside of bags, inside of bags... but it is fun to see the delivery person carry a small sized box full of .45 200gr LSWC...

-Rock

That is always good for a laugh.

2300 200gr .45 bullets add up to a 'little' bit of weight. Couple crates of 54R also throws them for a loop.

Most fun lately was 500 142gr SMK's, small box - 13lbs., driver looked at it like WTF?

Got a chuckle out of that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom