• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I've been told I have BGOS for not wanting to risk my ability to own a gun due to this MSP BS.

But hey I guess it's easy to smear people when you have virtually an unrestricted permit.

It's ironic, those are the ones that usually do..

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Even if National Reciprocity passed I don't think I'd carry in Maryland. It seems too risky. Say what you will about Colorado gun laws, but I can carry anywhere unless it is inside a public school, a federal building, or a building that provides metal detectors and armed security personnel. Gun free zone signs don't have the weight of law. I can carry where alcohol and pot is sold. I can open carry everywhere except inside Denver city limits, so I never have to worry about printing or accidentally exposing my gun when I'm carrying. It's a no brainer to grab a gun and go here. I'd be nervous as hell carrying in Maryland.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    In NJ, there is a designated judge in each county that hears firearm permit applications.

It isn’t ever a 2A supporter.

Out of state applicants are assigned to the County at the closest point of entry, I believe.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Is there a transcript of this anywhere ? I can’t make it out. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I don't worry about the restrictions as of this date right now , I am always working , I will most likely inform whenever I am pulled over . I realize my process may not line up with others here on this forum , I will be damned if I walk around my life and be scared of the MSP or any other agency .

I don't live my life worried about the boogie man .

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I don't worry about the restrictions as of this date right now , I am always working , I will most likely inform whenever I am pulled over . I realize my process may not line up with others here on this forum , I will be damned if I walk around my life and be scared of the MSP or any other agency .

I don't live my life worried about the boogie man .

The luxury of a business permit is that gives you an avenue to make an argument you were engaged in said business.

My permit is for moving certain possessions and only while engaged in "business" related to said possession. Not exactly easy to work with but it's actually slightly relaxed from the old language which referred to two specific locations I could move between while carrying.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    The entire hearing is now available:

That video is terrifying for anyone that has a restricted permit. The MSP is a total clown show.

It's always nice to see MSP get smacked down but it isn't worth being arrested to get sympathy, in my opinion. I'm not suggesting this person sought that - he obviously didn't.

Maybe it's just my BGOS speaking. I'll let the tough guys cough up $3500 and have to admit to an arrest on applications for the rest of their lives so they can show me up as hardened gun owners.

Meanwhile my permit will continue to be unused unless it's to the letter of what the back says. The brilliance of it is that it essentially restricts me to carrying around my house.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That video is terrifying for anyone that has a restricted permit. The MSP is a total clown show.

It's always nice to see MSP get smacked down but it isn't worth being arrested to get sympathy, in my opinion. I'm not suggesting this person sought that - he obviously didn't.

Maybe it's just my BGOS speaking. I'll let the tough guys cough up $3500 and have to admit to an arrest on applications for the rest of their lives so they can show me up as hardened gun owners.

Meanwhile my permit will continue to be unused unless it's to the letter of what the back says. The brilliance of it is that it essentially restricts me to carrying around my house.

That is a very optimistic low ball there. I think it would be much higher, at least around my parts.

"Valid only while conducting business as owner/employee of Acme"

So during midday when out not interacting with clients pumping gas or in a shopping mall (which MSP will argue is not conducting business) an unfortunate incident actually necessitates drawing a firearm, I'm F'd. Come now oh unrestricted holder and shout BGOS. Most amusing hypocrisy, coming from those that just had to have their original restrictions modified away.. BGOS?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom