A few questions about MD’s infinitely confusing and misleading firearms laws....

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    You’re welcome. I am mostly going in at length more for “the others” :)

A lot of times people will say “don’t live in the commie hell hole if Maryland. Almost everywhere in Md is less than an hour from any free state”. That’s mostly true except for the very center part of MD Around Meade and Annapolis.

But there are perks of living in the state. Most of the state has very good public schools (whether you believe they are indoctrinating your kids with liberal BS is a bit up to the temperament of the beholder), generally good roads, availability of a ton is cuisine you can’t find in most of the rest of the country (again, might not matter to you, but I love being able to drive less than 30 minutes and find great Indian food, Chinese, sushi, American, Texmex, English pub food, Ethiopian, Mexican, etc.), pretty safe neighborhoods (more situation certainly). Good higher education within a reasonable drive (awesome community college system). Good hospitals.

Taxes are high, but a lot of the state there are no locality taxes (mostly just county and state, no city/township in most of MD) and because of the property tax structure most people pay a fair portion, unlike places like PA that NEVER reevaluate a property until it is sold. Which means if is all of the new buyers who get hosed on high property taxes for pay for schools where as the guy who’s owned the property next door hasn’t had their property reevalutated in 30 years.

There are sure a few things I hate about the state like a lot of traffic and terrible gun laws.

Lazarus - If you don’t mind me asking, where’s the great Chinese food? We have had trouble finding something decent.

Thanks in advance!

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    Suburban Maryland, particularly Rockville, has a high concentration of the best Chinese food in the DC metro area, including many regional flavors.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Lazarus - If you don’t mind me asking, where’s the great Chinese food? We have had trouble finding something decent.

Thanks in advance!

I really like Hunan Manor in Columbia. Heck, IMHO most of the take out places are a cut above many of the places I’ve been in PA and through the south.

J&Y in a Eldersburg has really good Sushi for really low prices (not that Sushi is Chinese food, but thought I’d put the plug out there for them).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom