• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm in. In Prince Frederick if anyone needs a ride.

Also, two notes on the PP T-Shirts. You might get refused at the door if wearing one. If hidden, might be able to get in.

Also, if they deny entry, you may be able to ask why. Because I'm white, because I have a different viewpoint, because I support the military, etc.. Get this on tape, and Panera Bread may close it's doors to political events from the left.

All right! NAO is in!

There will be no refusals at the door because at that hour Panera Bread will be open to the public for business, and we are members of the public.

There is no room in Panera for a Town Hall Meeting, so inside, Ramirez will likely have a table in the corner with literature and staff.

I don't see any reason to hide our identity because Ramirez is "out in the open" and as long as we don't raise our voices "in a manner that would cause alarm" we can be in Panera with all our PP swag GLOWING.

UPDATING THE TURNOUT LIST:

We have our core PP crew:
    Rack&Roll
    Stoveman
    Adolph Oliver Bush
    Welder516
    Deep Lurker
    Rab1515
    ZenMonkey
    Natboh (heavy lean)
    Not_An_Outlaw
    Along with FNG IDFinfantry & his FNG FRIENDS!

Looking for more FNG’s!!!

This is your chance to wear your new PP shirt or sweatshirt if you ordered one.

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    A cite on Maryland law would be nice. I know Virginia is one party consent.

DC-W???

Maryland is a 2 party consent state. If it's a camera that is out in the open, it would be presumed that you gave consent since you can see it. The rub is that Panara is private property, so even if you have a camera out in the open, they can ask you to stop, or leave, or both. That might walk over the line into trespass. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an exception under the 1st Amendment for press/media.

Mark

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Maryland is a 2 party consent state. If it's a camera that is out in the open, it would be presumed that you gave consent since you can see it. The rub is that Panara is private property, so even if you have a camera out in the open, they can ask you to stop, or leave, or both. That might walk over the line into trespass. I could be wrong, but I don't think there is an exception under the 1st Amendment for press/media.

Mark

What about the Expectation of Privacy? I'd imagine it could be argued that since you're in a establishment open to the public, that you don't have that exp. of privacy?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    There may be some other exceptions to the two party consent. If this is a Maryland Legislator conducting a meeting in a public place, I think that may be consent as well. Will he be collecting phones at the entrance?

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    What about the Expectation of Privacy? I'd imagine it could be argued that since you're in a establishment open to the public, that you don't have that exp. of privacy?

I am not sure. It's Maryland. If you recall they tried to charge the guy on the motorcycle that had a GoPro on his helmet that recorded the MSP stop. I would bet that a Senator might push the issue that the wiretapping law applied. Even if it is legal, its still Maryland :sad20:

Perhaps someone knows better than I, but you never see the MD news stations do hidden camera stories, there may be a good reason for that.... this stupid state.

Mark

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    True, IIRC the wiretapping comes into play if you collect audio w/out consent - but in a public venue, I don't know.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    We are not going to use a hidden camera to expose his views.

Our questions will reveal him for what he is and he cannot complain about being openly recorded because he is a public official in an open setting.

If Panera managers object to shield him, then we will have that lame behavior on video too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom