• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Tough choice...go 10 minutes to the Bel Air show or an hour to this one...why not both???

I'm going to do the Bel Air show on Friday and see what Sunday will be like for Howard County. But the following weekend is the 3 day Oaks Gun Show in PA. This is there biggest show.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Are there manufacturers represented at this show, i.e. Ruger, S&W, etc.?

No manufacturers will be there. This type of show will consist of gun stores, a few on line venders and fudds. All selling their wares. It's a nice show. There is usually a guy there selling USGI ammo cans of all sizes. A lot of fudds along the walls selling their left over collections. A few ammo vendors.

But what you won't see is one cantankerous vendor drinking from a piss can using very colorful words about anybody and everybody. That is except Sarah Palin.

We miss ya Lou!

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    If Precision is there I think I'll see if they can build me a match grade service rifle upper and for how much.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    MSRPA will be there. We will be raffling off another of the M1 Carbines ( Inland, refurbished by James River, unfortunately no magazine). There are only 400 tickets printed, Each ticket is $10.00. When all 400 tickets are sold, we will draw the winner. All the money goes to pay legal fees for the several law 2A lawsuits that MSRPA is involved in.

Stop on by, say 'hello', and buy a ticket. We have better odds than Powerball or Mega-Millions!

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I'm going to do the Bel Air show on Friday and see what Sunday will be like for Howard County. But the following weekend is the 3 day Oaks Gun Show in PA. This is there biggest show.

I think that I may go to Bel Air on Friday night and Howard County on Saturday AM. I heard the Bel Air show is $10 to get in...which is steep but at least it's for a good cause.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I think that I may go to Bel Air on Friday night and Howard County on Saturday AM. I heard the Bel Air show is $10 to get in...which is steep but at least it's for a good cause.

Yeah, I debated on it after the increase last year. But it would seem the money is going to a good cause and not in the pocket of a promoter.

With folks talking about snow this weekend, it reminds me of this exact show a few years ago. This was the show where that freakish snow storm came through and dumps like 8 inches of snow without any warning. People got stuck on the roads everywhere. I barely made it from the fairgrounds to 40west where I was able to get a room at the Holiday Inn.

I sold my Focus Titanium the very next day and bought a Ram 4x4.

Hope to see you at the Bel Air show on Friday. I'll probably be there as soon as the doors open. Should be out of there within an hour's time.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Any descent reloading supplies/vendors at this show?

There is usually at least 1 vendor with SOME reloading supplies. Not a large selection. Don't look for any large selection of reloading equipment or dies, mostly bullets and some powders.

Amigo109

Jan 25, 2018
    Columbia MD
    No manufacturers will be there. This type of show will consist of gun stores, a few on line venders and fudds. All selling their wares. It's a nice show. There is usually a guy there selling USGI ammo cans of all sizes. A lot of fudds along the walls selling their left over collections. A few ammo vendors.

But what you won't see is one cantankerous vendor drinking from a piss can using very colorful words about anybody and everybody. That is except Sarah Palin.

We miss ya Lou!

What is a FUDD?

And are the ammo prices goodcompared to retail stores? I don't use any exotic ammo, just the regular items that can be found on the shelves of bass pro etc.

I've never been to a gun show which is why i'm asking.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What is a FUDD?

And are the ammo prices goodcompared to retail stores? I don't use any exotic ammo, just the regular items that can be found on the shelves of bass pro etc.

I've never been to a gun show which is why i'm asking.

FUDD——-hunter who owns guns but doesn’t care about the 2nd Amendment

No, ammo prices are usually crap and can be found online w/ free shipping for much better prices.

Still worth a trip to check it out though

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    As in Elmer Fudd (think Bugs Bunny)
    It does not apply to all hunters, just those hunters who don't care about general 2A issues unless it involves restricting their hunting.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    As in Elmer Fudd (think Bugs Bunny)
    It does not apply to all hunters, just those hunters who don't care about general 2A issues unless it involves restricting their hunting.

Also applies to shotgun shooters and black rifle collectors. It’s not exclusive to one group.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Yeah, I debated on it after the increase last year. But it would seem the money is going to a good cause and not in the pocket of a promoter.

With folks talking about snow this weekend, it reminds me of this exact show a few years ago. This was the show where that freakish snow storm came through and dumps like 8 inches of snow without any warning. People got stuck on the roads everywhere. I barely made it from the fairgrounds to 40west where I was able to get a room at the Holiday Inn.

I sold my Focus Titanium the very next day and bought a Ram 4x4.

Hope to see you at the Bel Air show on Friday. I'll probably be there as soon as the doors open. Should be out of there within an hour's time.

I think that was in 2015...I had just bought a 2015 Golf TDI and that was my first time driving it in the snow. Still the best non-AWD car I have ever driven in the snow...too bad it was cheaty on the emissions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom