• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Nod. Aware of the other lawful purpose language. To my knowledge it would be new territory if one were to claim it allows lawful self defense in fed. Court. I'm intrigued about your case. Can you post the case cite?

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    in an earlier post, someone stated that since MD prohibits carry in State Parks, National Parks are also banned. Can someone explain how a ban in State Parks also bans carry in a National Park? The MD statute doesn't address it. IMO if it's not specifically banned, it's allowed.

wouldn't an unrestricted W&C permit be legal?

I'd appreciate other's opinions on this.

I'm at a loss how that can be asserted if the code specifies it applies to state parks. I haven't looked. There is the canons of construction and plain language rules to look to.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statutory_interpretation#Canons
    http://www.ncsl.org/documents/lsss/2013PDS/Rehnquist_Court_Canons_citations.pdf

Nod. Aware of the other lawful purpose language. To my knowledge it would be new territory if one were to claim it allows lawful self defense in fed. Court. I'm intrigued about your case. Can you post the case cite?

Commonwealth v. Goslin, 156 A.3d 314 (Pa. Super. Ct. 2017). A copy of the decision should be linked in the text of my blog article on it, which I had linked in my prior post

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    in an earlier post, someone stated that since MD prohibits carry in State Parks, National Parks are also banned. Can someone explain how a ban in State Parks also bans carry in a National Park? The MD statute doesn't address it. IMO if it's not specifically banned, it's allowed.

wouldn't an unrestricted W&C permit be legal?

I'd appreciate other's opinions on this.
    My opinion, national park carry in Maryland is legal with a W&C within ones restrictions if any. Don't do so without conducting your own research. IANAL

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads