• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    IANAL but if the state agreed that there was some stifling of the 1A they would be writing checks instead of dismissal motions. SOP

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    IANAL but if the state agreed that there was some stifling of the 1A they would be writing checks instead of dismissal motions. SOP

Nah ... INAL either, but a motion to dismiss is a cheap way to avoid discovery.

i kind'a doubt that they've seen the raw video, because if they had they would be cutting a check. And, if the plaintiff's legal team gets to the discovery phase, the person or persons giving the orders will be exposed.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We can only hope! We need to expose these puppet masters for who they are. The videos will blow their “excuses” out of the water. And to say that Pope was giving verbal approval to demonstrate at a documented located that requires a permit? Where is that authority written. How many others have been arrested before or after this “incident? Only the grandmothers that were actually blocking access to the entrance of the building! Can’t wait for the next phase. Go get them guys! We’re still here with checkbooks in hand if needed.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Ordinarily, a defendant's delaying tactics are used to induce a desperate plaintiff (one who can't afford his lawyers or needs the money) to settle the case quickly.

I am THRILLED that our steadfast plaintiff/patriots are not looking for quick money, but instead eagerly look forward to discovery and even trial laying bare all of the facts that may be uncovered.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013
    Motion to Dismiss dated April 9th. How long does a decision on such a request normally take?

The plaintiffs get to respond to the motion to dismiss, then the judge decides. The plaintiffs requested an extension to May 8th so the judge will decide two weeks after that.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    PLAINTIFFS’ OPPOSITION TO DEFENDANTS’ MOTION TO DISMISS
    AND CONDITIONAL REQUEST FOR A HEARING

Attachments

• 14-main.pdf
      562.9 KB · Views: 399

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    After reading Hansels' brief. I beg to wonder if the system would be easier if motions were just check boxes with room for One or Two cited cases in a fill in the blank sentence.

Sent from the 3rd Rock

IronEye

MDS Supporter
    Feb 10, 2018
    Howard County
    Very interesting and educational document. If I were a defendant in this case I would be very concerned - and this is after just reading the opposition to dismissal.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    i was surfing an article linked off the gun feed today and came up with something similar to this.

well, an open carry case, but related in that police did the wrong thing, then got vindictive after the guy went public. john q had the charges dropped, and then filed a suit.

if you guys do get a judgement, i understand you don't want to profit, but go as big as you can. (even if it's not your reason for the case, .gov only learns when the cost is high)

here is the link. out of phillyPa. from about 6-7 years ago.

if you followup on the subsequent case, he was awarded 25k.

recently, there was a story about seeing a guy oc'ing an ar near philly, WHICH IS PERFECTLY LEGAL, and the police were a little more careful. a little later, they did drum up a psych eval case. but the first police wasn't over the top.

good luck to you guys on the suit.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/new...l_gun_was_also_armed_with_audio_recorder.html

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Very interesting and educational document. If I were a defendant in this case I would be very concerned - and this is after just reading the opposition to dismissal.

Thanks. Everyone worked hard on that document. I think it is rather compelling. But, then, I would.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom