• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    EDIT: Figured it out. Before taking apart the gun must be charged. And when doing the cleaning/lubing DO NOT pull the trigger or you'll have to push back whatever the flat metal piece inside is to reset the trigger.

So this thread has gone from being a cry for help to hopefully a helpful tip.

I followed the following video for disassembly and lubing. Pretty straight forward but when I got to the reassembly at 16:04, where he has trouble getting it back together, I encountered the same problem. I even tried lightly tapping with a hammer but still couldn't get it go back in.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    That flat metal piece inside is most likely the hammer. Lots of cautions about this in the manual and on the forums. Even with the hammer cocked back, some folks have trouble re-inserting the bolt group. A lot of folks use a wood dowel to depress or reset the hammer if needed. I found that if I hold the rifle upside down and tail end up when re-installing the bolt group, this puts the hammer on top, and the (lubricated) bolt slides in quickly with no problem.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    That flat metal piece inside is most likely the hammer. Lots of cautions about this in the manual and on the forums. Even with the hammer cocked back, some folks have trouble re-inserting the bolt group. A lot of folks use a wood dowel to depress or reset the hammer if needed. I found that if I hold the rifle upside down and tail end up when re-installing the bolt group, this puts the hammer on top, and the (lubricated) bolt slides in quickly with no problem.

Wow, serious brain fart there :o. I was just joking about that when someone suggested to a poster that they read the mfg manual regarding ammo.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I pulled the trigger too. Once. I think that's called a "self-correcting error." Otherwise, it's an entertaining little firearm from another planet. I kinda like it.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I pulled the trigger too. Once. I think that's called a "self-correcting error." Otherwise, it's an entertaining little firearm from another planet. I kinda like it.

I have done a fair number of upgrades on mine, but one that will never be fixed is the fact that it is not really left hand friendly.

I always take burns to my face and arm. If I don't have the extension it's worse.

Trigger upgrade is good. I did NOT pull the trigger, I just removed it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom