Are currently existing ps90s grandfathered in?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grampajack

Aug 20, 2017
    I was wondering what the law is regarding a ps90 that was purchased before the law went into effect. Are they grandfathered in, or how does that work?

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I was wondering what the law is regarding a ps90 that was purchased before the law went into effect. Are they grandfathered in, or how does that work?

Anything banned in sb281 was granfathered if purchased before October 1st 2013.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    "Grandfathered" to whoever owned it before 10/1/2013. Can only be transferred to another MD resident in a will. Owner has to die, first. It can be sold/transferred out of state by a FFL.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Basically the only PS90 you can buy now will have a long ugly flashider beyond any sanity.

Better to focus on a AR57, not great but at least in the direction of a PS90 and doesn't even need to consume a Pre13 lower (not a lawyer consult one for details but this is my understanding.)

Cai

Jul 5, 2011
    Poolsville
    Another option is a stock extender. As long as the length is greater than 29" you are golden. The stock doesn't look quite as dumb.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    If you got in (SBR'd) under the wire you are ok. At least for now anyway. As far as making a new SBR in MD, it is kinda/sorta pointless IMHO as the 29" OAL rule applies, but to each his own! There have been some creative workarounds posted for the PS90 recently here on MDS to meet the 29" minimum.

Luckily I was able to register my PS90 SBR just prior to my moving to Maryland from Virginia, which was just before the ban was enacted. Here she is, in all her "grandfathered" glory!

PS90%20SBR%20w_can%20L%20Side.JPG

PS90%20SBR%20w_Can%20off%20L.JPG

In mandolin case:

FN%20PS90%20SBR%20in%20Mandolin%20Case%20-%20Version%202.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    There is a company that makes stock extenders that replace the stock buttstock plate and look OK. Easy to get 29" with these.

Also, reports are that some FFLs have sold stock PS90s as a pistol, and they are on the handgun roster (left over from SBRs having to be on the roster), and MSP DID "Not Disapprove" the 77r.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom