• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Shipped this past weekend

Will ship recent buyers in a few days

Will have just a few more left. I'll do a recount in a few days.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Thank you! Arrived today (Wednesday, July 5).
    6f5e605f1303e6f650bb3e241644efa5.jpg
    60f9b94ad2cebd6dcfaa06bb5e720d65.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Got mine too. I added some rubber gloves and have it stowed right behind the middle seat.

Hopefully it will never be needed.

Thanks for taking the time to out these together.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I know I'm late to the game, but wanted to verify they're all spoken for?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    Looks like they're all gone guys. Sorry.

Message me if you need any help or advice.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    Shout out to OLM-Medic to see if you have any ideas on building a EDC trauma kit

With the recent events in the news, I have been seriously thinking about options for an EDC trauma kit that can go everywhere with me. What would be the bare minimum and the smallest package?

I keep a trauma and med kit in each of my families cars. I also keep a smaller trauma kit at my desk in the office. However, these are too big to carry everywhere you go and I don't have the luxury of being able to dress with cargo pants at work on a regular basis.

I'm thinking the minimum I would need is quick clot type gauze (or Israeli bandage) and a tourniquet. So what would be the minimum for an EDC and what are the best options for every day carry?

I was thinking I could use something like the following on my belt for EDC and a packet of gauze in my pocket?

http://www.1110gear.com/eleven-10-slick-front-rigid-tq-case-for-sof-tt-sof-tt-wide-black/

What other options are out there?

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I don't actually carry anything on my person.

I feel confident in my training and experience enough that I don't feel inadequate without medical kits. I can improvise most things, the medical kits just make things easy.

The more you know, the less you carry. Know how to stop bleeding with pressure (hard pressure is important), know how to make your own tourniquet, know how to make a chest seal.

If I could only have one piece of gear though, it'd be the tourniquet. You can apply pressure easily with a rag, but making a effective tourniquet in a timely matter is hard.

Still, I don't carry things in my pocket unless I'm in some high risk situation.

gasman

Oct 8, 2007
    Baltimore City
    Shout out to OLM-Medic to see if you have any ideas on building a EDC trauma kit

With the recent events in the news, I have been seriously thinking about options for an EDC trauma kit that can go everywhere with me. What would be the bare minimum and the smallest package?

I keep a trauma and med kit in each of my families cars. I also keep a smaller trauma kit at my desk in the office. However, these are too big to carry everywhere you go and I don't have the luxury of being able to dress with cargo pants at work on a regular basis.

I'm thinking the minimum I would need is quick clot type gauze (or Israeli bandage) and a tourniquet. So what would be the minimum for an EDC and what are the best options for every day carry?

I was thinking I could use something like the following on my belt for EDC and a packet of gauze in my pocket?

http://www.1110gear.com/eleven-10-slick-front-rigid-tq-case-for-sof-tt-sof-tt-wide-black/

What other options are out there?

If you really want minimalist, you can do a lot with a bandanna and a pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom