• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Anyone got their hands on one, yet? My question is size/weight and view angles; is it too big for a 3 Gun setup? Is the eye relief forgiving at 1X, like a red dot? With a 34mm tube, it should be better than most scopes, but how much better?

DF0F1CA42CC98DBB8D81D109B2067B756C4E24F9.jpg

F535581E5A0372784A0872DDA4B7832AF2B6F59A.jpg

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i had the 1-4 with the green dot and bought another brand (vortex razor hd) when going to 1-6. the triji 1-4 was an excellent scope in all aspects, just their 1-6 was a little spendy. it was true 1x at the one setting.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    i had the 1-4 with the green dot and bought another brand (vortex razor hd) when going to 1-6. the triji 1-4 was an excellent scope in all aspects, just their 1-6 was a little spendy. it was true 1x at the one setting.

Right now, I'm running a US Optics 1-4X; I'd like a little more power. I was considering the Vortex 1-6X, but for ~$50 more, this seemed like the way to go. So far, the reviews I've seen are good.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    UPDATE

I picked one up to try this season (forgive the crappy cell phone pics.) The Trijicon 1-8X is a little larger than my 1-4X US Optics that it replaces (now on the top rifle, below), but only marginally heavier (the US Optics scope is a tank.) The Trijicon glass is clear, sharp, and bright.

20170326_123320_zpsu1wxurkn.jpg

The 1X setting is true 1X (beyond, say, 5 feet) and at that mag, the red "circle" looks like a dot; with a 34mm tube, the eye box is very forgiving and almost shoots like a red dot at 1X (I also have a stock that's adjustable, so I'm sure that helps a lot.)

20170326_123708_zpsaxju0gd1.jpg

At 8X, the reticle is very useful. The lines are a little thick, but still good.

20170326_123627_zpsmixya9yk.jpg

Overall, it's a very nice scope; I'm really happy with it.

Pitbull410

Aug 1, 2016
    Appreciate the review and pics, where did you end up buying yours from and what LaRue mount are you using?

Interesting looking LH uppers there too

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

The 1X setting is true 1X (beyond, say, 5 feet) and at that mag, the red "circle" looks like a dot; with a 34mm tube, the eye box is very forgiving and almost shoots like a red dot at 1X (I also have a stock that's adjustable, so I'm sure that helps a lot.)

At 8X, the reticle is very useful. The lines are a little thick, but still good....

Looks nice throughout the range. I'm liking the 8x reticle as well.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Still like the Trijicon 1-8?

I picked one up to try this season (forgive the crappy cell phone pics.) The Trijicon 1-8X is a little larger than my 1-4X US Optics that it replaces (now on the top rifle, below), but only marginally heavier (the US Optics scope is a tank.) The Trijicon glass is clear, sharp, and bright.

20170326_123320_zpsu1wxurkn.jpg

20170326_123708_zpsaxju0gd1.jpg

At 8X, the reticle is very useful. The lines are a little thick, but still good.

20170326_123627_zpsmixya9yk.jpg

Overall, it's a very nice scope; I'm really happy with it.

You've had the scope for several month now, do you still like it? Regrets?
    Thanks.

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    I still really like it and would recommend one. The glass is very bright and at 1X, feels a lot like a red dot.

BenL, I am thinking about picking up this optic for a 5.56 AR. I like the red MOA, which I believe is what you have. I'd be mostly punching paper from a bench between 50-200 yards. I might stretch it to 300 on rare occasions.

Still like the scope? I see elsewhere that some have complained about light bleeding over the numbers, but that strikes me as a small issue. There are 4 numbers in 1 order. Does that exist for you/do you find it distracting?

Also, how is the LaRue mount working out for you? Thanks in advance.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I don't see the bleeding others describe unless I crank the reticle up to high and view in the dark. Not an issue for me, so far.

Yes, I still like the scope and have considered getting a second for my HM rifle.

I like LaRue mounts and have a couple of them. This is a 34mm tube, so your choice of mounts will be limited. Luckily, LaRue makes good stuff.

firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    I have had the scope for about 6 months and I like it a lot. I have it mounted on my 308 and it works well for my purposes. I have shot out to 200 yards with no problem. I at first thought the center crosshair was a little thick but it hasn’t been a issue so far. I realize this scope wasn’t designed for Precision work but it sure is well suited for short to medium range.

Over all a well built optic in my opinion.

Attachments

• FF582D29-CCE5-475A-91FB-4498B8098808.jpg
      FF582D29-CCE5-475A-91FB-4498B8098808.jpg
      32.2 KB · Views: 98

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads