• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    60 minutes is having a story about the problems with the Remington 700. I guess its about the trigger recall. I could not find more detailed info.

I'm taping it for later.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I really don't believe anything corporations say when thier bottom line is at risk.

Fair enough. Healthy skepticism makes sense, especially when the dollar bills appear. Still, two (or more properly three) sides to every story. And I think most here would agree that unbiased objectivity isn't exactly....shall we say....a MSM strong suit?

60 Minutes notwithstanding, the actual determinations noted in the attached text, while favorable to Remington? Noteworthy to me that they weren't made by Remington. YMMV.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Fair enough. Healthy skepticism makes sense, especially when the dollar bills appear. Still, two (or more properly three) sides to every story. And I think most here would agree that unbiased objectivity isn't exactly....shall we say....a MSM strong suit?

60 Minutes notwithstanding, the actual determinations noted in the attached text, while favorable to Remington? Noteworthy to me that they weren't made by Remington. YMMV.

:thumbsup:

I just watched the piece. Not an attack on guns or gun owners. More saying that Remington has never admitted wrongdoing and that there are potentially millions of defective triggers still out there.

Time will tell on this one.

bigdummy30

Feb 2, 2009
    Finksburg,MD
    Remington CANT say there is a problem because ...lawyers. It sucks and may seem cold but I'm sure their high priced lawyers are calling the shots here.

The 2 stories on the show tonight we're dumbfounding....1 was a kid trying to scaring his brother and shot him. The other was a guy apparently pulling a loaded gun out of a case and it went off killing people standing outside across the street.

Neither are Remington's fault even if the trigger was the worst trigger in the history of triggers.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You don't need a $10,000/hour lawyer to say your manufactured gun is not at fault when someone kills another person negligently like the story last night.

I feel sorry for the father but totally avoidable situation from the start.

"Scare someone" but actually load a round in the chamber, and then stage the scene with another gun?

I know they were kids but huh. It looked like they had some gun handling skills prior to the incident too.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There were a ton of incidents with these triggers. And the 320 debate has nothing to do with this. This was a 60 min hit piece that aired a while ago and is just being reaired. From what I watched it was a rather fair piece and for the most part stuck to the topic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom