ATF to Issue New Ruling on Monday regarding New Restrictions on Shotgun Importation

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Why are we alll speculating it will be the Saiga? I have not seen anything factual on this. And besides, even if they do we have a pro-gun congress and momentum nationally.

What other shotgun is imported that could even be remotely declared un-importable? If there is another possible platform please enlighten us. BATFE didnt get any Congressional Backlash when they declared the Street Sweeper a D.D., and they banned Barrel Importation with no Congressional Backlash, they now do multiple sales dispositions on box fed semi autos with no Congressional Backlash. Te only gun that remotely has a chance of comtinued import is the Saiga 410 and the Saiga 20 since they cant meet the necessary bore diameter to be classified as a D.D.

BATFE wouldnt dare touch the fudd guns imported form Russia, Czech, and Turkey, they want the black sporting configured, military convertable guns.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Whatever. As long as they don't touch my trap and skeet guns, I could care less.

:poke::kicknuts:

This really sucks. What is their reasoning behind banning them? The emotional reaction of "They look scary!" :rolleyes:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Whatever. As long as they don't touch my trap and skeet guns, I could care less.
    :sarcasm:

You have no idea how close to the truth you are when it comes to some of those folks. :sad20:

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Why are we alll speculating it will be the Saiga? I have not seen anything factual on this. And besides, even if they do we have a pro-gun congress and momentum nationally.

I think the important thing to remember is that the ATF operates via interpretations based upon existing laws. They would contend that all they are doing is enforcing existing law and do not need congressional approval to do it.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This highlights the very problem we have of the government owning us instead of us owning them. They can just ruin our day whenever and however they want, apparently. This has got to be put to a stop. What forking business is it of theirs what I want to own or why? "Sporting purposes" nonsense.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I think the important thing to remember is that the ATF operates via interpretations based upon existing laws. They would contend that all they are doing is enforcing existing law and do not need congressional approval to do it.

True, but they can put enormous pressure on them. The NRA is good at lobbying and most of us here are good with letters and emails. Get my point? We have the momentum and the congress so all we need to do is apply pressure. Clandestine- the ATF reform bill that has been held up adresses the barrel ban if i remember correctly, not exactly but the language was there. Ill see if I can find it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Maybe the ATF thinks that 28-gauge Judge is just too damn ugly to allow in the country.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    An update is up from the original blog post:

Highlight: "I have since learned that the new ruling is going to be akin to the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban, in that, shotguns with bayonet lugs, large capacity magazines…etc or commonly referred to as “evil parts,” will no longer be importable as they have “no sporting purpose.”"

This does not look promising....

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    An update is up from the original blog post:

Highlight: "I have since learned that the new ruling is going to be akin to the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban, in that, shotguns with bayonet lugs, large capacity magazines…etc or commonly referred to as “evil parts,” will no longer be importable as they have “no sporting purpose.”"

This does not look promising....

Add the Mossberg 590 to the list :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom