Breaking! Federal Court Finds California Magazine Ban Violates the Second Amendment

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Woohoo!!!

What is this world I'm living in??? I don't know, but I like it!!!!!!!

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Good to hear.

I Could Be Wrong but doesn't Cali have a separate law banning the sale by local stores. Not sure how this one would be affected if so.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Big win, even if the 9th rejects. I don't want SCOUS taking the case until the lady retires.

With the slow pace CA9 moves SCOTUS will rule on NYSRPA before this case. That decision may make CA9 think twice about doing another crappy 2A opinion (OR, a 3 judge panel opinion upholding the district court and then en bancing).

Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    CA9 has taken a slight move to the right lately...

I suspect there is a chance that they may let this go to avoid it going to SCOTUS and potentially having a national impact. As happy as I am for everyone in California, I sure would appreciate a SCOTUS ruling that would help us out too.

But in the meantime :party29:

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I suspect there is a chance that they may let this go to avoid it going to SCOTUS and potentially having a national impact. As happy as I am for everyone in California, I sure would appreciate a SCOTUS ruling that would help us out too.

But in the meantime :party29:

This is another example of the NRA ignoring Maryland. How many times has the NRA pushed one of our unlawful laws to any court, much less the SCOTUS. I don't understand why the NRA won't help us out in Maryland.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    This is another example of the NRA ignoring Maryland. How many times has the NRA pushed one of our unlawful laws to any court, much less the SCOTUS. I don't understand why the NRA won't help us out in Maryland.

Follow the money. The NRA has a larger field in California than in Maryland to harvest donations.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    CA9 has taken a slight move to the right lately...Peruta and Young were affirmed in Panel decisions...

It will be over turned by a panel of liberal judges

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Keep in mind part of this case has already been to a 3-judge panel which upheld the preliminary injunction https://reason.com/volokh/2018/07/17/ninth-circuit-upholds-preliminary-injunc:

[Jul. 17, 2018] the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a federal district count injunction against a California law to confiscate firearms magazines that hold over 10 rounds. The Ninth Circuit's 2-1 opinion is here, and the dissent is here. My analysis of the 2017 district court opinion is here.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    It will be over turned by a panel of liberal judges

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That maybe true, but the panel of the 9th is changing if I remember correctly. Didn't the president just appoint a new judge to that court?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom