• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    yep. I'd say Kolbe v. Hogan is well worth re litigation and I'd support financially. No Questions.

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/17-127-petition.pdf

The Kolbe issue is not going away. It is being actively litigated in the 9th Circuit in Duncan and in the 1st Circuit in Worman. Those cases are going to be appealed to the SCT more likely than not. Whether the Court grants review (with two new Justices) remains to be seen.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    The Kolbe issue is not going away. It is being actively litigated in the 9th Circuit in Duncan and in the 1st Circuit in Worman. Those cases are going to be appealed to the SCT more likely than not. Whether the Court grants review (with two new Justices) remains to be seen.

The Rogers v NJ case finished up at CA3 in Sept/Oct (parallel to Drake). We should be seeing a Petition in Rogers soon...

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The Rogers v NJ case finished up at CA3 in Sept/Oct (parallel to Drake). We should be seeing a Petition in Rogers soon...

Right. Sept 21. Rogers is the Carry case, not a AR ban case. 90 days for a cert petition. And another carry case Gould was just decided in the 1st Circuit It’s going to get interesting

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Which cases/plaintiffs involving each of those issues would you consider the deciding factor on how to draw each of those prospective lines? Be specific. In order to be fighting, you have to actually have a fight. Is there an active fight? Would you personally enter any and every fight you could find a way to enter, even knowing with certainty that you will lose and (worse) make future, more winnable fights, lost causes as a result? We draw the line at what's rational, here in the real world, where actual humans in actual cases and sitting as judges in real courts will be involved and impact the strategizing.

Thats a pretty drawn out response to not actually answer the question. So, what is rational? What fights are winnable? Be specific. You've given in on bump stocks already, I'll ask the question again, where will you draw the line and actually fight?

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Thats a pretty drawn out response to not actually answer the question. So, what is rational? What fights are winnable? Be specific. You've given in on bump stocks already, I'll ask the question again, where will you draw the line and actually fight?

Standard capacity magazines. That's one thing I think pretty much everyone on this forum could agree on.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

Previously asked and answered. I don’t draw the line at pouring scarce resources into bump stocks, but I do at standard capacity magazine bans, let alone confiscation. My “drawn out” response seemed necessary because some people seem to have trouble grappling with the reality of this state’s political landscape and the reality of not having Bloomberg-sized lobbying and litigation budgets on this side of the fence.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    What we need is some judges with the courage to stand-up for the Constitution to rule against these infringements - and not some statist apologist we have now.

Its within the judges' interests to limit the 2A or to curtail it altogether.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Law-abiding citizens who in good faith applied to the ATF will be turned into criminals on Oct 1, 2019 if they did not sell or otherwise relocate their lawfully acquired property out of Maryland. To let this crap stand sucks. The fact that the ATF is expected to make a destruction mandate apply country-wide is even worse. Maryland's is unconstitutional and the ATF's is unlawful. Both should be challenged. The question is who does the challenging and who pays. I will fund those who do.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    It certainly should have been foreseen that we would probably lose at this level. I can't imagine anyone going into this court system and believing that we were going to have the law thrown out. Now we're saying that this case isn't worth fighting any longer. Why is that?

I'm just trying to understand.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I got enough money from my 1 device to buy an upper. Can you remember how much they were selling for on Gun Broker right after the LV shooting? B I G Money!

Maswasnos

Feb 24, 2018
    PG County
    This is all horribly disappointing, but I guess we don't have much choice in the matter.

What's the best place for me to sell the echo trigger I have? Maybe I can get some money out of it to put towards a nice stock or something for my AR...

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    This is all horribly disappointing, but I guess we don't have much choice in the matter.

What's the best place for me to sell the echo trigger I have? Maybe I can get some money out of it to put towards a nice stock or something for my AR...

I am selling all of mine and using the money to buy an MP5 clone. Congrats MD lawmakers, you only succeeded in making me buy more guns.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

GunBroker or Auction Arms.

I would caution you to avoid sending/selling it to a resident of a state that banned them including a MD resident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom