• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    Numbers way out dated, more like 105,000-108,000 Licensed hunters in Maryland, deer hunters average 70,000 and waterfowl hunters 30,000 and 5,000 other hunting activities.

Now isn't MLSF managing this for Senator Astle (A.A. Co) the head of MD Legisalative Sportsman Caucas (?) Astle would Sponsor the Bill if the push back is not as vocal as last year so this is not a DNR Sponsored Bill that was shot down by the House last year?

You spoke of the Anti that was on WAC, actually he was OK guy, 14 years on WAC, pleasure to work with not like some of the hunters who fought each other for self center selfish interests rather than hunters collaberating on what's in the best interest of hunting/hunters. Sounds like you have dotted line to this stuff so maybe you know what I'm talking about ;)

What ever the Fee increased will be maybe just $20.00 but if their is no "Lock Out" for MOM robbing the fund then Hunters should not agreee to the new fee. If I or we are going to pay an increase we should demand the funds stay with DNR for our benefit.

The bill, while undoubtedly reworked to (try to) make it more palatable, is in essence the same POS. Sen. Astle signs his name to whatever DNR asks him to, or as seen, the LSC on behalf of DNR, asks him to.

The LSC exists for two reasons. By signing up, it appears a legislator has empathy for sportsmen's issues. Also it is a vehicle for moving DNR desires through the legislature without the official stamp of "a DNR bill." In short, it is smoke and mirrors. Political wrangling at it's best. All for the purpose of disguising any actual commitment!:cool:

Uh... no, Dr. Lamp is gone. I'm referring to Ms. Stephanie Boyles Griffin. Here's her bio @ HSUS http://www.humanesociety.org/about/leadership/subject_experts/stephanie_boyles_griffin.html

I remain committed to opposing this based on the fact that MD. is among the bottom states receiving general fund monies for it's wildlife agency. More and more duties are being handed to wildlife professionals and NRP officers that have NOTHING to do with the outdoor sports. Why should we be the primary source of funding these programs?

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    Doubtful. He probably drives a car which uses gas that has road taxes paid on it that gets redistributed to other pet projects by our tax and spend legislators. Neat how that works isn't it?:rolleyes:
    Yeah, and it's also pretty neat how one dollar looks pretty much like any other dollar. Take the dollar you spent on your hunting license and the dollar you spent on gas, mix them up, and I bet you can't tell which is which.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Yeah, and it's also pretty neat how one dollar looks pretty much like any other dollar. Take the dollar you spent on your hunting license and the dollar you spent on gas, mix them up, and I bet you can't tell which is which.

You're right. And if we give them to most any Md. politician I'll bet they come up with a $3 item to spend them on that has nothing to do with hunting or driving.:sad20:

Song Dog

Jan 2, 2013
    Eastern Shore -Delmarva
    Uh... no, Dr. Lamp is gone. I'm referring to Ms. Stephanie Boyles Griffin. Here's her bio @ HSUS http://www.humanesociety.org/about/leadership/subject_experts/stephanie_boyles_griffin.html

Oh She's the new Anti that replaced Joe, she's only one vote anyway. I think it was Glendening who added the first Anti on WAC which I believe was J.L.
    J.L. was not the problem and had good advise from the "other side" of the WAC meetings I attended compared to shelfish interests of other hunting groups were not always supportive of other hunting interest in the best interest of hunters.

Speak of HSUS, ever see/meet their head lobbyist in GA, she was 10 and could break up a happy home with a simple "hello" :party29:

Dec 31, 2012
    I'd pay a higher fee if I was actually allowed to hunt something in Baltimore county on public land other than deer with a bow.

Hyp81

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2012
    Dundalk, MD
    It has been argued during the last round of increase talks that non-license holders be required to buy a WMA tag to use these lands. ...Should be interesting as the session gets going.:innocent0

I think Virginia has a law requiring certain forms of rec users to have "stamps" in order to use national forest land-- like mountain bikers. And they SHOULD! Mountain bikes tear the crap out of trails and lands (I say this as a former MTB rider, myself) and ought to help pay to maintain it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom