• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sheesh. The fish rots from the head. Get rid of LaPierre, and get new legal representation that doesn't suck the NRA dry. They're going to be an impotent force in the 2020 election, a situation that Bloomberg will exploit.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Concur. And beware stupid people in large numbers.

It seems to me that this is yet another symptom of the oligarchs trying to "fundamentally remake" America.

Winner...

Neal Knox and Harlon Carter are spinning in their graves .

Bring on Cincinnati 2.0 .

Winner...

Sheesh. The fish rots from the head. Get rid of LaPierre, and get new legal representation that doesn't suck the NRA dry. They're going to be an impotent force in the 2020 election, a situation that Bloomberg will exploit.

Chicken. Dinner.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall

I don't think the NRA will be able to resolve their internal issues in time to do anything valuable for the 2020 Presidential Elections...

In fact we may be witnessing the death of the NRA's power as the Dems move closer to TOTAL GUN CONTROL while the NRA has an internal fight to the death...

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    While I'm a member, I'm not totally knowledgeable about the internal power struggle going on. Whatever it is, the NRA needs to get their shit together, and FAST.

The NRA is just like government, you get an entrenched bureaucracy who are only concerned with protecting their cushy jobs. A general cleansing of the staff is needed every once in a while.

Moyaone

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 22, 2017
    Allen West for President of the NRA. Great resume. Has put his country first in more ways than most. Appears to be a selfless public servant, and I do think there are a few of them (us) out there. I'm sure you are all aware of how his Army career ended, but check out Iraqi torture incident in link below. The guy ain't afraid to make the tough decisions. As a life member for several decades, I believe the NRA needs some tough decisions made if they want to survive this bloodletting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_West_(politician)

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I am not renewing my NRA membership until Wayne is gone. I support them as the left's punching bag scapegoat, but I think GOA is more serious about 2A defense.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Even more bizarre stuff about the NRA & Ackerman McQueen

https://theresurgent.com/2019/06/21/hey-nra-this-seems-like-a-really-big-deal/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now, why would anyone associated to the NRA donate to and support anti-gun Democrats? They can't wring their hands over the boogeyman in Washington....then stick those hands out and beg for more money. They send letter after letter and email after email screaming that they need your funds to fight the very same people they helped put into office. Then they spread that money around to each other while the ILA languishes with a total budget that is less than Wayne's salary and "perks".

Nah.

The board needs to be cut by 75% and term limits instituted. They should also allow donations to be sent directly to the ILA and only used for legal issues. SAF and GOA are working circles around them in this arena.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    The Dems and other anti-gun forces are loving this. All they need to do is stand by and let the NRA destroy itself. While there are other gun rights organizations, the NRA is the heavyweight and takes most of the punches. With all this going on look for the Dems to be more aggressive in attempting to gun grab...overtly and covertly in Congress and the states.

Exactly this. With an NRA in turmoil, expect the gun grabbers to go for our jugular and shove as many anti-gun bills as possible down our nation's collective throat. I'm worried about 2020.

Until the NRA sorts itself out though, I'll be sending the money I would've given them to GOA and SAF.

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    I wouldn't mind supporting a national firearms association whose sole goals are to promote training and safety, and isn't involved in politics or big-time money-raising or politics.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I wouldn't mind supporting a national firearms association whose sole goals are to promote training and safety, and isn't involved in politics or big-time money-raising or politics.

You’re describing the NRA. Of course they have to raise money in order to function. The NRA that gets involved in politics isn’t the NRA. There are two additional organizations, essentially completely separate animals:

The NRA-PVF (political victory fund) is a classic PAC. They run election season ads and whatnot in hopes of steering election results in a way that favors liberty in general and 2A protection in particular.

The NRA-ILA (institute for legal action) is the separate organization that spends money putting lawyers on cases that might have outcomes favorable to our usual interests.

Are either of these organizations pitch perfect in their choices of lobbying or litigation targets and strategies? No, of course not. But they are very heavy hitters working in our camp. This is SEPARATE from the membership organization and all of the things it does or doesn’t do, and the associated current drama.

Regardless of where one stands on the people, priorities, and specific activities of each of these three entities, it’s important to understand that they are separate. The ILF and PVF are as separate from the NRA membership organization as the GOA or SAF are.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    I seriously hope they get this crap sorted out. Dump Ack-Mack. Dump LaPierre.

It's only hurting the NRA, and that's strengthening other folks.

adv_rider

Nov 30, 2018
    Bowie MD
    You’re describing the NRA. Of course they have to raise money in order to function. The NRA that gets involved in politics isn’t the NRA. There are two additional organizations, essentially completely separate animals:

The NRA-PVF (political victory fund) is a classic PAC. They run election season ads and whatnot in hopes of steering election results in a way that favors liberty in general and 2A protection in particular.

The NRA-ILA (institute for legal action) is the separate organization that spends money putting lawyers on cases that might have outcomes favorable to our usual interests.

Are either of these organizations pitch perfect in their choices of lobbying or litigation targets and strategies? No, of course not. But they are very heavy hitters working in our camp. This is SEPARATE from the membership organization and all of the things it does or doesn’t do, and the associated current drama.

Regardless of where one stands on the people, priorities, and specific activities of each of these three entities, it’s important to understand that they are separate. The ILF and PVF are as separate from the NRA membership organization as the GOA or SAF are.

So do NRA membership funds only fund the NRA membership organization, or do they also supply funds to NRA-PVF and NRA-ILA? If funds are shared, I'd hesitate to call all these organizations separate. I honestly do not know how NRA membership funds are allocated. I think an accurate breakout of funding for the various NRA entities would be pretty interesting, but like most large organizations and businesses I think it is purposely complicated/obscured.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom