• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Damn wish I had a floral shirt. Like I said, I do not need your acceptance. The fact you turned and walked away was a donk move, dude. Just say thanks and move on. No harm no foul.

It is all good. I don't really need approval from many people, just a few, and and the vast majority of that few are asleep right now in the house I am in. So, we can mutually agree that neither of us needs the other's acceptance. I surely do not need "acceptance" from a person that judge's another from a mere hello without stopping for additional conversation. You have no idea why I did not stop, other than I was headed to speak to somebody else, and I cannot even recall who I walked away from you to speak to. My recollection of the interaction was that we talked about fishing. Cannot fathom who else I would have discussed fishing with after bumping into them while walking through the group. However, if you say we didn't talk about fishing, then I guess we didn't. Seems that interaction is burned in your memory, but not mine.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Awesome!!!!

hopefully without the faux wood side

My Pop retired from there as a Service Advisor a couple years ago. Forgot you lived all over Monkey County. Even up my way in Germantown. Moved here in 89 when there was NOTHING up here. Now more crime and tons of traffic. I think you said you got the heck out a few years ago from Germantown.

Yeah, left Germantown at the beginning of 2011. I keep making the mistake of moving to places I think are rural, and then I get there and find out it is just as screwed up as Silver Spring/Kensington was. Used to hunt in Germantown. It is nothing like it was in the 80's. When I told a client I moved to Germantown in 2004, she said, "Why did you move all the way out to the country." Told her she had not been out that way in a while because there was no longer any country out there. Now, I am in western Howard County and this will be the same as MoCo in another 20 years. Hard to tolerate it as it is right now.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    It is all good. I don't really need approval from many people, just a few, and and the vast majority of that few are asleep right now in the house I am in. So, we can mutually agree that neither of us needs the other's acceptance. I surely do not need "acceptance" from a person that judge's another from a mere hello without stopping for additional conversation. You have no idea why I did not stop, other than I was headed to speak to somebody else, and I cannot even recall who I walked away from you to speak to. My recollection of the interaction was that we talked about fishing. Cannot fathom who else I would have discussed fishing with after bumping into them while walking through the group. However, if you say we didn't talk about fishing, then I guess we didn't. Seems that interaction is burned in your memory, but not mine.

we have talked about it. I do not remember if online or not. You showed that huge ass fish during an ocean fishing jaunt you did.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    agreed

Yeah, left Germantown at the beginning of 2011. I keep making the mistake of moving to places I think are rural, and then I get there and find out it is just as screwed up as Silver Spring/Kensington was. Used to hunt in Germantown. It is nothing like it was in the 80's. When I told a client I moved to Germantown in 2004, she said, "Why did you move all the way out to the country." Told her she had not been out that way in a while because there was no longer any country out there. Now, I am in western Howard County and this will be the same as MoCo in another 20 years. Hard to tolerate it as it is right now.

Used to drive from Rockville in the mid 80's after school to Germantown and Poolesville and it felt like hours to plink stuff.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    Hmmmmmm, 37 states that are Brady exempt. ATF's website says there are 24 states that have no Brady exemption whatsoever. 50 - 24 = 26 according to my math.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart

What is your source for 37?

Next, let's examine why you are Brady Exempt. It is because you have a permit to carry. Almost all states that are Brady Exempt are that way because the person has a license to buy firearms or a concealed carry license. That is, the person has most likely already gone through a background check. We aren't even Shall Issue here in Maryland. No way Maryland is going Brady Exempt any time soon.

Anybody that does not have a concealed carry permit in Alabama must still go though a NICS check when purchasing a new gun from an FFL.

1- typo, 2 is next to 3. Tennessee, due to change in their laws, has fallen off the list since I last counted it a year or two ago.

The rest of your drivel is just that, deflection drivel.

PS- the rest of the nation really does not give a shit about MD's carry laws nor the lack of Brady Exemption there. They do however want the retardation of MD laws kept in MD and not polluting the rest of America. Once again, you are happy to let the vermin nibble at everyone's Rights.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville
    Originally Posted by 357Max View Post
    The constitution is a living document, just as valid today as when it was written. Why, because it's a framework bound by spiritual principals the nature of which have not and will not change EVER!!
    I cannot think of another document in modern civilization written with a closer convergence between mans law & God's!!

The “living document” thing is liberal speak. While it can be amended, The Constitution is, in fact, a very concrete document.
    Wow, You get liberal speak from that? Thought I did a pretty good job of putting it into context.

I'm well aware that liberals use the term in a perverse way. I feel a responsibility to restore it to it's proper meaning by using it in the correct context.

Crap here I go down a rabbit hole.

"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

While I understand what you mean by it's a concrete document, I don't think that stance serves us well. Remember the left are academic's many of whom cannot see the forest for the trees. They read laws and parse words while completely missing the spirit of the law.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

If it were truly a concrete document then at what point should it have been locked 1791? Or how about after the 13th amendment 74 years later. Or in 1920 after the 19th.
    Those are good amendments I think most of us on here would agree. I credit the framework laid out in the original document for resulting the the later amendments. I due so because they not only reconcile completely with the foundational principles set forth in the original document, they were required by those principals.

I absolutely believe it's a living document created by the hand of Providence. The natural law it espouses lives on just as eternal law, spiritual principles, and God.
    Good men must continue to stand in way of those that would seek to change it on a whim or a feeling. Unfortunately many view it as a historical relic, just words and ideas written by old white men long ago. I think very few today truly understand it's true power or spiritual nature. I'll admit I don't fully comprehend it, but I have great reverence, gratitude, and respect for it. The accomplishments of this country in it's short history are undeniable, and likely would not have happened where it not for this document.

We need SCOTUS filled by men and women with spiritual discernment not an allegiance to a political ideology. Hopefully Gorsuch and Kavanaugh will turn out to be great picks, only time will tell, but the tathered pocket constitution Kavanaugh carries gives me some comfort. Unfortunately those charged with vetting future nominees are almost wholly void of these qualities. There are and have been a few, but they usually quite after 1 or 2 terms (as they should). Washington DC is corrosive to a mans spirit. Jason Chaffetz comes to mind even though he was in the house.

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity (back then that meant accomplishing something worthwhile, not getting re elected) religion and morality are indispensable supports, In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should work to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, out to respect and to cherish them.... Let it simply be asked, where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of the moral and religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in the courts of justice" George Washington

I was very upset after spending 2 days in Annapolis for the house and senate hearings. Been processing why it was so disturbing ever since. These people took a damn oath to the very thing their doing everything in their power to subvert. It boggles my mind. The thing that's been bugging me the most is trying to understand the liberal point of view. The Why? It hurts my brain, but it's required to see the bigger picture.

We have a very real problem in this country that goes much deeper then current round of attempted infringements on our 1A, 2A, 4A, 10A, and 14A. I used the Matrix reference above because it's disturbingly applicable. Roughly half the population receives it's source code from the likes of CNN, MSLSD etc etc, emanating from the architects Soros, Bloomberg, Styers and so on. I just read an article that broke down how Bloomberg had outspent the NRA last year 7.4 to 1. Have you ever tried debating these people. They are like mindless robots with canned answers. No Logic or reason. We live in abundance and peace, plugged into more entertainment and information then we can process via smart phone's watches, i pads, computers, ear buds; and yet are more unplugged then ever from personal interaction and society (another Matrix ref. plugged into the machine that feeds them while being enslaved by it). These people will betray friends and family to maintain the status quo. Are they all bad people? Nope, but they do have spiritual blinders on. They no longer operate on the higher laws espoused in the constitution. I've come to the conclusion that liberals flat out don't understand it. They may get it from a technical stand point, but completely miss the deeper context, and therefore it doesn't work for them. It's not that their attacking us, they simply do not understand us (our modusoperandi).

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams

So there seems to be a large swath of the population that is constitutionally incapable of functioning under our Constitution, how ironic.

For those of us that are capable, we refuse to have our Great freedoms stripped by those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety. We know they deserve neither, but to honor there wish would make us deserving of the same! Totally unacceptable!!

This is a huge divide, for which I see no practical resolution. I've got a few ideas (involving a really long wall on the west coast), but not gonna happen. The 2 sides cant agree on what the problems are let alone work towards any solutions. It's gotten to the point that each side views the other side as the problem. I've come to the painful conclusion there's a lot of truth to that sentiment. So much for the one nation indivisible part of the pledge of allegiance. The only thing we seem to be able to get together on anymore is War against a foreign adversary or an inanimate object like opioids. The best I've seen the parties work together was right after 9/11.

Great Freedom requires great responsibility and accountability both of which are in short supply right now.

Our government thought it wise to become purveyors of gambling and drugs! WTF Let that sink in a minute.
    They closed the mental institutions in the early 90's now we have un-monitored sociopaths and schizophrenics roaming among us. Irresponsible!
    They've given safe haven to ensure Criminal aliens walk freely among us. For clarification all undocumented aliens are criminal aliens. Irresponsible!
    Violent criminals are repeatedly let back out with minimal sentences. Irresponsible & total lack of accountability!

I was completely disgusted listening to a trooper testify in Annapolis about a run in he'd had in Baltimore with a multiple violent felon that attempted to draw a gun on him. The trooper successfully subdued and arrested him and when he went to court the judge handed down a doozy of a sentence 53 days! Are you freaking kidding me! that judge should be removed, disbarred, and loose his pension immediately.

Sounds pretty damn glim doesn't it. I always describe myself as an optimistic cynic, so where's the optimism?

I've got only 2 ideas I can get behind that I think could help steer us out of the ditch.

The first is no original, but it really needs to happen and that's simply, Term Limits! Both state and federal.

The second probably isn't original but I've never heard it before. This is targeted at Maryland, but could become a movement. I'd like a bill introduced that goes something like this.

The Oath of office given to trusted servants in the state of Maryland shall henceforth be enforced.

Any servant found to have worked to subvert, circumvent, or otherwise violate the constitution's of either Maryland or the United States shall be subject to immediate removal from office, a mandatory 3 year min. prison sentence per offense, 10 thousand dollar fine per offense, and lifetime ineligibility to serve in a position of public trust. Guilt shall be determined by the higher courts. Should a bill ever pass that is later struck down due to violation of Maryland or US constitution it shall be an instant guilty conviction for the bills sponsor and co sponsors in both house and senate as well as the Governor should he sign it into law without attempting veto!

Short and sweet.
    If that were to pass (pipe dream) we would't have to go back to Annapolis every year to testify against the Dumpster fire of proposed nonsense.

If nothing else it would be a brilliant political move for conservatives to file and cross file it just to get the lib's on record voting against it.

Fabsroman - I didn't forget. You never answered my question from my previous post.

My question to you is this. Do you endorse subjugation of the constitution by any law?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" author unknown but I like it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    1- typo, 2 is next to 3. Tennessee, due to change in their laws, has fallen off the list since I last counted it a year or two ago.

The rest of your drivel is just that, deflection drivel.

PS- the rest of the nation really does not give a shit about MD's carry laws nor the lack of Brady Exemption there. They do however want the retardation of MD laws kept in MD and not polluting the rest of America. Once again, you are happy to let the vermin nibble at everyone's Rights.

"Once again"? Cannot remember the last time you said anything about me being alright with letting the vermin nibble anybody's Rights. So, this definitely is not "once again", unless you are just referring to you saying it a second time about UBC.

You will have to fight the UBC on a national level at a later date though. Maybe sooner rather than later.

We sorely miss you, what with the awesome job you did all on your own in 2013. Granted, you are definitely better off in Alabama.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Originally Posted by 357Max View Post
    The constitution is a living document, just as valid today as when it was written. Why, because it's a framework bound by spiritual principals the nature of which have not and will not change EVER!!
    I cannot think of another document in modern civilization written with a closer convergence between mans law & God's!!

Wow, You get liberal speak from that? Thought I did a pretty good job of putting it into context.

I'm well aware that liberals use the term in a perverse way. I feel a responsibility to restore it to it's proper meaning by using it in the correct context.

Crap here I go down a rabbit hole.

"You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

While I understand what you mean by it's a concrete document, I don't think that stance serves us well. Remember the left are academic's many of whom cannot see the forest for the trees. They read laws and parse words while completely missing the spirit of the law.

"The trouble with our Liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

If it were truly a concrete document then at what point should it have been locked 1791? Or how about after the 13th amendment 74 years later. Or in 1920 after the 19th.
    Those are good amendments I think most of us on here would agree. I credit the framework laid out in the original document for resulting the the later amendments. I due so because they not only reconcile completely with the foundational principles set forth in the original document, they were required by those principals.

I absolutely believe it's a living document created by the hand of Providence. The natural law it espouses lives on just as eternal law, spiritual principles, and God.
    Good men must continue to stand in way of those that would seek to change it on a whim or a feeling. Unfortunately many view it as a historical relic, just words and ideas written by old white men long ago. I think very few today truly understand it's true power or spiritual nature. I'll admit I don't fully comprehend it, but I have great reverence, gratitude, and respect for it. The accomplishments of this country in it's short history are undeniable, and likely would not have happened where it not for this document.

We need SCOTUS filled by men and women with spiritual discernment not an allegiance to a political ideology. Hopefully Gorsuch and Kavanaugh will turn out to be great picks, only time will tell, but the tathered pocket constitution Kavanaugh carries gives me some comfort. Unfortunately those charged with vetting future nominees are almost wholly void of these qualities. There are and have been a few, but they usually quite after 1 or 2 terms (as they should). Washington DC is corrosive to a mans spirit. Jason Chaffetz comes to mind even though he was in the house.

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity (back then that meant accomplishing something worthwhile, not getting re elected) religion and morality are indispensable supports, In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism who should work to subvert these great pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. The mere politician, equally with the pious man, out to respect and to cherish them.... Let it simply be asked, where is the security for property, for reputation, for life, if the sense of the moral and religious obligation desert the oaths which are the instruments of investigation in the courts of justice" George Washington

I was very upset after spending 2 days in Annapolis for the house and senate hearings. Been processing why it was so disturbing ever since. These people took a damn oath to the very thing their doing everything in their power to subvert. It boggles my mind. The thing that's been bugging me the most is trying to understand the liberal point of view. The Why? It hurts my brain, but it's required to see the bigger picture.

We have a very real problem in this country that goes much deeper then current round of attempted infringements on our 1A, 2A, 4A, 10A, and 14A. I used the Matrix reference above because it's disturbingly applicable. Roughly half the population receives it's source code from the likes of CNN, MSLSD etc etc, emanating from the architects Soros, Bloomberg, Styers and so on. I just read an article that broke down how Bloomberg had outspent the NRA last year 7.4 to 1. Have you ever tried debating these people. They are like mindless robots with canned answers. No Logic or reason. We live in abundance and peace, plugged into more entertainment and information then we can process via smart phone's watches, i pads, computers, ear buds; and yet are more unplugged then ever from personal interaction and society (another Matrix ref. plugged into the machine that feeds them while being enslaved by it). These people will betray friends and family to maintain the status quo. Are they all bad people? Nope, but they do have spiritual blinders on. They no longer operate on the higher laws espoused in the constitution. I've come to the conclusion that liberals flat out don't understand it. They may get it from a technical stand point, but completely miss the deeper context, and therefore it doesn't work for them. It's not that their attacking us, they simply do not understand us (our modusoperandi).

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" John Adams

So there seems to be a large swath of the population that is constitutionally incapable of functioning under our Constitution, how ironic.

For those of us that are capable, we refuse to have our Great freedoms stripped by those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety. We know they deserve neither, but to honor there wish would make us deserving of the same! Totally unacceptable!!

This is a huge divide, for which I see no practical resolution. I've got a few ideas (involving a really long wall on the west coast), but not gonna happen. The 2 sides cant agree on what the problems are let alone work towards any solutions. It's gotten to the point that each side views the other side as the problem. I've come to the painful conclusion there's a lot of truth to that sentiment. So much for the one nation indivisible part of the pledge of allegiance. The only thing we seem to be able to get together on anymore is War against a foreign adversary or an inanimate object like opioids. The best I've seen the parties work together was right after 9/11.

Great Freedom requires great responsibility and accountability both of which are in short supply right now.

Our government thought it wise to become purveyors of gambling and drugs! WTF Let that sink in a minute.
    They closed the mental institutions in the early 90's now we have un-monitored sociopaths and schizophrenics roaming among us. Irresponsible!
    They've given safe haven to ensure Criminal aliens walk freely among us. For clarification all undocumented aliens are criminal aliens. Irresponsible!
    Violent criminals are repeatedly let back out with minimal sentences. Irresponsible & total lack of accountability!

I was completely disgusted listening to a trooper testify in Annapolis about a run in he'd had in Baltimore with a multiple violent felon that attempted to draw a gun on him. The trooper successfully subdued and arrested him and when he went to court the judge handed down a doozy of a sentence 53 days! Are you freaking kidding me! that judge should be removed, disbarred, and loose his pension immediately.

Sounds pretty damn glim doesn't it. I always describe myself as an optimistic cynic, so where's the optimism?

I've got only 2 ideas I can get behind that I think could help steer us out of the ditch.

The first is no original, but it really needs to happen and that's simply, Term Limits! Both state and federal.

The second probably isn't original but I've never heard it before. This is targeted at Maryland, but could become a movement. I'd like a bill introduced that goes something like this.

The Oath of office given to trusted servants in the state of Maryland shall henceforth be enforced.

Any servant found to have worked to subvert, circumvent, or otherwise violate the constitution's of either Maryland or the United States shall be subject to immediate removal from office, a mandatory 3 year min. prison sentence per offense, 10 thousand dollar fine per offense, and lifetime ineligibility to serve in a position of public trust. Guilt shall be determined by the higher courts. Should a bill ever pass that is later struck down due to violation of Maryland or US constitution it shall be an instant guilty conviction for the bills sponsor and co sponsors in both house and senate as well as the Governor should he sign it into law without attempting veto!

Short and sweet.
    If that were to pass (pipe dream) we would't have to go back to Annapolis every year to testify against the Dumpster fire of proposed nonsense.

If nothing else it would be a brilliant political move for conservatives to file and cross file it just to get the lib's on record voting against it.

Fabsroman - I didn't forget. You never answered my question from my previous post.

My question to you is this. Do you endorse subjugation of the constitution by any law?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" author unknown but I like it.

I was eating my pre-bed snack and was going to head off to bed when an e-mail popped up with this post in it. This post of yours is EPIC!!!!!!!! Very good job on it. It was so EPIC in fact, that it dragged me away from the kitchen and the opposite way of bed to answer your question.

If you are asking whether I am alright with any law being above the Constitution, the answer is NO!!! All laws most fall within the framework of the Constitution. However, as I pointed out to Teratos, the Constitution is open to interpretation by SCOTUS, and I think SCOTUS has made it clear that the 1st Amendment and 2nd Amendment can be regulated to a degree. I guess the question really ends up being, to what degree can those Amendments be regulated until the regulation violates the very essence of them. I think banning any post 1986 machine guns goes too far. I think charging $200 for a machine gun, SBR, SBS, suppressor, etc. "tax stamp" goes too far, and that is without it ever having been adjusted for inflation. Requiring licenses goes too far. NICS, probably not. That is my answer to your question, and I hope it was thorough enough. If it wasn't, feel free to ask more questions. Now, I am off to bed.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I’m not quoting because the posts I’d quote would be longer than war and peace.

357max. The “living document” tact is used by liberals to mean the Constitution should change with the times. That it should be read in a 21st century context, not a 18th century context. It means what it says. Every word as valid and concrete as it was in the 18th century. Be careful you don’t validate their trap.

Fabs, your mental gymnastics are exhausting. I like you very much. I take issue with some of your ideas. Once criminals have paid their debt to society, all Rights should be restored. If a person cannot be trusted to exercise those Rights, they have no business being released. As for those with mental illness, yes most people with mental illness can be trusted with firearms. If one is adjudicated to have an illness of such severity they cannot own a firearm, I’m fine with that. I have no problem stating that I have a psychiatric diagnosis. Do you want to take my guns?

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    And you think this style is going to win people's minds and hearts toward supporting you and the 2A? Good luck with that. You probably alienate more 2A supporters than you convert antis or even move people off the fence to 2A.

Almost as good as the pic you posted on Facebook of Jen. That worked wonders with the NRA rep.

Ever think about getting a smart, good looking woman as the face of Patriot Picket? Maybe hire are marketing/branding agency.

Bold part might not be a bad idea (not so concerned with looks other than not looking disheveled), but the italics is I think. To me, PR company = fake and unlike the Moms, PP really is a grassroots group.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    By law, they do a 77R NICS check only on sales from a dealer. They better not be doing NICS check on private sales. If they are, I would like to know about it. Bye Bye, their POC status.

It would be interesting to look at any 77Rs that were returned to sellers of FTF transactions at a barracks.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    LOL! This reminded me of how we spent recess in elementary school just about every single day.

We played a game where someone would throw a ball in the air and whoever caught it would run. Everybody else would chase him, tackle him and pile on! Then when he got off the ground he would throw the ball in the air. This went on continuously the entire recess period. I don't recall anyone getting hurt and we all had fun.

And by the way this game was called "Smear the Queer" LOL! I guess it's no surprise that they don't allow it anymore.

Lawn darts in the neighborhood...standing close to the target circle to "intimidate" the other team from hitting the target.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The “living document” thing is liberal speak. While it can be amended, The Constitution is, in fact, a very concrete document.

Exactly

Everything Justice Scalia said about the subject should be required reading.

He said it is a “dead document” and to make it a living document allows it to be changed at the whims of society. If that were to happen... what we know as the country we live in would cease to exist. And he is correct. May he RIP.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Were you wearing a floral blue shirt at the first pig roast? If so, I thought we talked about fishing. Maybe I am wrong, it was 3 years ago. I know I wasn't sitting down when I ran into you, but I have no idea if I was on my way to or from something I needed to do (e.g., bathroom break, drink or food for my dad). How long did I speak to the other person? Was it DA? I remember leaving one conversation to speak with DA. Somewhat hard to spend a ton of time with everybody at these events and get to know them really well. So, I tend to spend most of my time with whomever I am sitting with. Spent most of that event speaking to Outrider58, his wife, Qwertee, Stu, Bigfoot44, and Mrs. Bigfoot44. Saw Outrider58 a week ago today. Spent most of the 2nd pig roast speaking to WillTill, Schipperke, Mrs. Schipperke, and Eruby. Spoke to others, but nowhere near as much as I spoke to those guys. My apologies if I did not spend the adequate amount of time speaking with you to meet your requirement of "good person" material.

As far as the rest of it goes, I find it somewhat comical that I am anti-2A merely because I support UBC. I also supported the scrapping of the HPRB since it appeared that everything was getting appealed to OAH anyway for a de novo trial by MSP. Why make applicants for a permit go through the process twice when MSP is getting paid with taxpayer dollars. Makes sense to me that if the matter is inevitably going to end up at OAH, save applicants time and money, especially if they are represented by counsel, and taxpayer money by having the matter go straight to OAH. Of course, this all goes away with Shall Issue.

I'm done with this meaningless thread. Continue to holler at yourself, by all means. :sad20:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    LOL! This reminded me of how we spent recess in elementary school just about every single day.

We played a game where someone would throw a ball in the air and whoever caught it would run. Everybody else would chase him, tackle him and pile on! Then when he got off the ground he would throw the ball in the air. This went on continuously the entire recess period. I don't recall anyone getting hurt and we all had fun.

And by the way this game was called "Smear the LGBTQWTFMOUSE" LOL! I guess it's no surprise that they don't allow it anymore.

FIFY

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Your opinion is that I am anti-gun.

You alright with released felons not being able to buy a gun? That there is a form of gun control. How about the mentally ill? You alright with them being able to buy a gun. If not, just more gun control.

I am trying to look at this from a perspective of reality. Can we get something in return? Can we agree to NICS checks across the board and doing away with the Form 77R? How much does it cost the state every year to do those 17+ background checks for a Form 77R? Will everybody feel safer with a NICS check yet we reduce some of the headache and paperwork on regulated firearm purchases. I mean, you aren't out there buying Fudd guns, so the additional work on a Fudd gun (i.e., NICS check) should not concern you, but the doing away with the Form 77R should be a breath of fresh air for you.

I have also read Heller, Kolbe, and Brockman, and I understand what the parameters are when it comes to "gun control". Just railing against it and calling the other side one name after another gets nothing done in my book. Meh, maybe some of you just feel better about it and are here to vent, but it gets no results.

Clamoring that a law is unconstitutional when Heller specifically says that some regulation is allowed, means you need to have SCOTUS overturn one of its most recent rulings on gun control, which was greatly in our favor. SCOTUS would have to go a step further and disagree with Scalia and say that the 2nd Amendment affords even greater protection for the Right to keep and bear arms than what was laid out in Heller. Kolbe did not get us there, and I seriously doubt that Brockman will get us there when compared to Kolbe. Good thing we have lots of money to spend though.

I want all of my cake, not the crumbs I have been left with by letting "them" have a little each and every time they ask for it.

Rights are rights and I should not have to ask permission from the government each and every time I want to exercise a right. I don't want to hear any crap about guns are dangerous and can kill people.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Now this is something good and that is a great analogy to Gotham City.

So, I think the question really ends up being whether it should be abolished or whether it should be made whole. Anybody ever do an analysis of what it would take to make states comply with NICS and report adequately such that fewer criminals get through the system? Personally, I would like the entire "criminal" thing redefined at the federal level. Should a convicted felon really be put in prison again because he shoots somebody out of self defense? Personally, I would like it abolished, but I could settle for violent criminal. What I would really like to see is that mental health records get reported and mentally ill people are really prevented from obtaining firearms legally. What would it take to get states to start reporting on mental health issues?

Guess it would take some digging on my part. Find it somewhat hard to believe that the answers aren't already known though.

I believe that the Supreme Court ruled that the states could not be compelled to comply with the NICS reporting requirements shortly after NICS went live.

So, with that stated, in my opinion, the only way to get the states to report everything needed (and more) would be from within the state if enough residents stand up and say enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom