• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Mine are 9 and 12. I want them to live in a free country as guaranteed by our Constitution. I will do everything in my power via the 1A to push back on those who wish to make me a criminal. That includes driving 4 hours one way to make my voice heard. As well as calling and emailing reps until they are tired of hearing from me. Until the time that it is no longer an effective method, I will do whatever is needed to push back after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can’t say we didn’t try and didn’t wave the white flag from the get go. Not every child can say that about their parent.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I'm a little confused currently, did the HBAR ban pass?
    A) No, it is still being considered.

B) Please go to the introductions forum, and post up about yourself, so we can know you better:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

C) if not B), then D)

D) :

giphy.gif

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    A) No, it is still being considered.

B) Please go to the introductions forum, and post up about yourself, so we can know you better:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

C) if not B), then D)

D) :

giphy.gif

Ive only been a member a few months and I see the "shinebox" term used often. what are you referring to when you tell someone to go home and get their shinebox? Did you see what they did to the guy that said that?

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    They can’t say we didn’t try and didn’t wave the white flag from the get go. Not every child can say that about their parent.

As a parent and I can only speak for myself. If you have kids and you aren’t willing to sacrifice everything for their freedom, what are you willing to sacrifice for? At the rate we are going. In a generation, our grandkids will not have any rights left. They will not have access to the tools our forefathers specifically outlined as God given to protect our sovereignty. Except for those the gov doesn’t know exist.

I am teaching my children the importance of our constitution and the rights granted there of. And to damn well make sure they know that firearms are a tool to be respected. It can provide food on the table should a breakdown in society occur and they have to fend for themselves. That they can protect them and that we will know how to properly defend ourselves should evil come knocking. Whether that be an individual wishing to do harm or the gov coming to oppress. In those situations everyone has to make a personal decision. I can only do my best to ensure that they are prepared to be sheepdogs and not sheep.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Ive only been a member a few months and I see the "shinebox" term used often. what are you referring to when you tell someone to go home and get their shinebox? Did you see what they did to the guy that said that?
    A) Yes, I did.

B) It means I hope the new member will be a good contributor to MDS, and not a slime-lapping troll.

C) If they won't 'Intro' themselves, then I presume (NEVER assume) they are a troll, and tell them to shinebox it (yes - that is incongruous to the movie, perhaps I should espouse Master Chief John James Ergayle (sp?) and tell them to "seek life elsewhere").

D) I AM the schmuck of the week.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    This is getting weird.

Why do you keep asking what people wearing the WWNC shirt will do?

It’s like you are anti-courage, and you don’t have the guts to say it.

When push comes to shove, many will crumple under the pressure of keeping their income stream alive. They will talk a good show but, when it comes to possibly wearing metal bracelets proving the are willing to back their words with action the ranks will be dramatically thinned.

I am keenly aware of my ability to self fund my existence too. Once I no longer have to feed from the corporate test I will be inclined to be much more bold in my actions.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A) Yes, I did.

B) It means I hope the new member will be a good contributor to MDS, and not a slime-lapping troll.

C) If they won't 'Intro' themselves, then I presume (NEVER assume) they are a troll, and tell them to shinebox it (yes - that is incongruous to the movie, perhaps I should espouse Master Chief John James Ergayle (sp?) and tell them to "seek life elsewhere").

D) I AM the schmuck of the week.

I nominate you for schmuck of the year

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Back on track: some people say panic buying might make HBARs scarce in MD, but that HBARs are available in other states where the gun grabbers aren’t infringing.

Except that Colt suspended HBAR production nationwide because the rest of America wants non-HBAR CARBINES.

Buying now while there are HBARs available at a decent price is, I think, a smart investment move. If you end up
    selling it out of state to friends or relatives and it is still new in the box, you might take a $200 haircut.

Or you could part out the upper. An unfired HBAR upper brings good $$ on Gunbroker.

Good price for an carbine insurance plan, I’d say....

See, I disagree. There are plenty of lowers for sale out there, and I mean plenty. Plenty of complete guns too. Plenty of heavy barrels in 5.56/.223 too.

https://www.cmttac.com/AR-15-Receivers/ar15 ambi lower-ambi lower

https://www.primaryarms.com/MCategories+AR-15-Lower-Receivers

https://www.brownells.com/search/index.htm?k=Stripped+lower&ksubmit=y

There are plenty of complete uppers out there too in HBAR, or one could just buy the stripped upper and put an HBAR barrel on it.

Not only that, but once you have a single complete upper, you can move it from lower to lower to lower and make it such that you possessed each lower as an HBAR before the 10/1/2019 grandfathering date

IF

IF

IF

the bill passes

AND

there is a grandfathering provision in it.

There is about 5.5 months between Sine Die and the bill taking effect if it passes. If there is a grandfather clause, plenty of time to buy lowers, uppers, etc. and get an HBAR together before 10/1/2019. There are a lot of manufacturers throughout the nation and there are a heck of a lot of AR-15 parts out there right now.

Then again, I am assuming that somebody can actually put together an AR, or at least put a complete upper onto a complete lower.

Only reason to "panic" buy right now is if one needs an excuse for the SO to get it. I really want a Blaser R8, but I will wait and see what happens with the LGQL before I even discuss it with my wife.

Plus, how many people in Maryland really do not have 3 to 4 lowers that have been an HBAR over the past 5 years? I just cannot see a run on HBAR rifles even IF this law passes. As also mentioned, people with a pre 10/1/2013 lower can slap an HBAR upper on it if they so desire, remove it, and slap a banned upper on it if they so desire. Lots of people stocked up in 2013.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    As a parent and I can only speak for myself. If you have kids and you aren’t willing to sacrifice everything for their freedom, what are you willing to sacrifice for? At the rate we are going. In a generation, our grandkids will not have any rights left. They will not have access to the tools our forefathers specifically outlined as God given to protect our sovereignty. Except for those the gov doesn’t know exist.

I am teaching my children the importance of our constitution and the rights granted there of. And to damn well make sure they know that firearms are a tool to be respected. It can provide food on the table should a breakdown in society occur and they have to fend for themselves. That they can protect them and that we will know how to properly defend ourselves should evil come knocking. Whether that be an individual wishing to do harm or the gov coming to oppress. In those situations everyone has to make a personal decision. I can only do my best to ensure that they are prepared to be sheepdogs and not sheep.

Define "everything". The ultimate sacrifice is your life. Are you willing to die for them to be free? Are we at that point? Might be easier to make a move to another state that allows its citizens a lot more freedom.

Also, you must have missed the pic of me and my two oldest in Annapolis for the Patriot Picket protest in support of R&R when he was arrested. Kids at the age of 12, 10, 6, and 1 don't really fully grasp what freedom really means and how they are losing it.

Why only show up in Annapolis this year? Plenty of anti-freedom laws get passed each and every year. If you really want to defend freedom, you should be in Annapolis each and every year and worrying about a lot more than just guns.

Sheepdogs are dogs and they have a master. They are herding sheep because of their master. I think of the police as the sheepdogs.

I think the most important question is whether people are willing to go to prison to ensure the freedom of their children. That is the question I am wondering the most about. Talking and writing is easy. Granted, based upon what I have seen in some of the testimony, our cause might be better off if some people actually just sat in the seats and did not sign up to testify.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    We aren’t to the point of sacrificing everything for the sake of freedom. It’s called hyperbole.

My definition of everything, if and when it comes to the point of having to rise up a tyrannical gov, would include my life, if it meant to try and save my family, without hesitation and without question. That is a very personal question and each man would have to make a decision of what his life is worth. I have a firm belief in my Lord Jesus Christ and my personal salvation that he died on the cross for my sins. I am saved and should the necessity arise to defend my family, I would sacrifice my life without hesitation in the hopes that I can save theirs.

At this point, I can only do “everything” in my power to try and stop these proposed bills. That includes testifying in person, writing, emailing and calling not only my Senator and Delegate, but every member of the judicial committees.

As far as moving, I just moved in November. I chose to stay in M. I could have easily moved to WV (3miles) or PA (4 miles). My wife and I chose to stay, because of the quality of the education system in our local schools, compared to those in the two nearest counties in those other 2 states.

As far as you going to the Picket for Rack last year, Good for you, I guess? I don’t see what that has to do with anything I posted. My post was to AmmoJon, you chose to respond to that. For what purpose, only you know.

“Why only show up this year?” I had every intention of showing up for Rack’s rally last year, it just didn’t work out with my coaching schedule for my sons basketball team. I live 4 hours away, so there’s also that.

I showed up this year. Twice. And I didn’t just speak about the gun bills. I also spoke against the Fight for $15 bill the same Thursday as the first Senate Gun session.

The sheepdogs comment, was an analogy, make of it what you will.

Fabs, You don’t know me and I don’t know you. I’m here to support our rights and join in conversation that can hopefully further our cause of fighting off the infringers and eventually gaining back some freedom. I’m not here for pettiness, nor am I here to engage in personal questioning of anyone’s motives. I don’t give a rats behind, what your motivations are or what you are willing to sacrifice. If you are so concerned with mine, come up to Deep Creek some weekend. Let’s go shooting and have a few beers. Have a blessed day! Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom