• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    ok. yes i went cheap on the tube cause i figured i was going to change the the spring and buffer also i have a magpul stock on it as well. I also have a bcm 6 position buffer tube as well. Maybe i will just switch them out since you might be indicating that the UTG might not be the best. lol

I have seen some BCM Buffer Tubes drilled rough and too deep.

The BCM will be made from the proper materials though.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Thanks for that clarification. It would seem to me that a different caliber could fall into the "copycat" bucket. Further reading needed on my part.

One nearly needs a lawyer specializing in MD firearms laws to own/build/modify these black beasts.

i could not agree with you more! its like every time i want to buy something...i have to research the law first!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Avoid spikes buffers.

Any other American made buffer that is marked H3 is ok.

If the spring is suspect, and want standard springs Colt is the way to go. They are called action springs by colts nomenclature. If you want an improved life spring a Sprinco spring or Tubb spring will last the life of the weapon. You have to be sure you have a smooth buffer tube bore in order to use a Tubb Flatwire spring.

You may run into issues with NiB and the Criterion barrel as well as gas key issues. Those require gauges to check though.

What is wrong with Spike's buffers? I've used quite a few over the years on personal builds and haven't seen anything suspect. Am I missing something?

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    The powder is less effective compared to solid weights.

Thanks for all your help! Got everything together but needed to order the colt h3 buffer. So once that is in I will measure the tube like you showed us in ur video and but it the rest of the wsy back together. Then go shoot it.

Quick off topic question about my hand guard! It's a cheap one just made out of 6061 t6. But knowing that some are polymer it should not be no big deal right? It's not like I need to pull it off and go looking for a bcm 7075 or something. Did not notice it till I pulled everything apart and saw what it was made of on the inside.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for all your help! Got everything together but needed to order the colt h3 buffer. So once that is in I will measure the tube like you showed us in ur video and but it the rest of the wsy back together. Then go shoot it.

Quick off topic question about my hand guard! It's a cheap one just made out of 6061 t6. But knowing that some are polymer it should not be no big deal right? It's not like I need to pull it off and go looking for a bcm 7075 or something. Did not notice it till I pulled everything apart and saw what it was made of on the inside.

As long as the rail is tight/secure and trued to the upper receiver you are fine.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    They used to list suppliers on their website. I purchased from them direct and ordered their barrels through brownells in the past.

Thx.
    I placed my order today. Brownells did not have the version I wanted and Little Crow Gunworks (listed on the Criterion Website, which shows up when you select what you want) had it for about $30 less than the Criterion website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom