• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So I just want to mention a couple things; My company is incorporated out of state so I had to go the that state's business registrar to find the Article of Incorporation. There is also a Maryland doc "Foreign Corporation Qualification" that allows the company to operate in MD (?). "Foreign" being out of state, not being from outside the USA.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Depending on who you are dealing with at MSP, they may be trying to help you, but not clearly communicating... The investigator I worked with at MSP was very fair and very helpful.

Obviously NOT Westminster Barracks...:rolleyes:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I would bet he is working off a checklist someone else gave him. Probably some guy who got assigned the investigation and isn't used to doing them. And likely would rather be working actual criminal cases. Unfortunately the state's obsession with denying handgun permits steals police resources just like so many other resources. Yet we live in arguably the most dangerous state in the country. The definition of insanity, doing the same ineffective thing over and over and expecting different results, etc.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    It’s too bad that when WV went permitless CC that murders skyrocketed, rivers of blood ran in the streets and the whole state descended into civil war and chaos........otherwise Maryland could do that and we wouldn’t have to tolerate this nonsense.

Oh.......wait............

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It’s too bad that when WV went permitless CC that murders skyrocketed, rivers of blood ran in the streets and the whole state descended into civil war and chaos........otherwise Maryland could do that and we wouldn’t have to tolerate this nonsense.

Oh.......wait............

Yep, it's the wild west as liberals say. I was shaking the last time I went through Morgantown. Couldn't wait to get back to Baltimore.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'll refrain from any further comments about that person as no good can come of it... I figure I already have enough bad karma coming my way from comments thought or said... and it's my belief that if I thought it... God heard it...:)

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Someone very close to me works out of that barracks and heard there’s a guy who’s a real dick regarding residents carrying. Damn shame.

Most cops in MD, especially the MDSP, absolutely hate the idea of civilians carrying gun. Actually, most cops in the blue states feel that way unfortunately. They don't like the idea of "the sheep" being able to defend themselves, bc if they do, there is no need for the dogs.

PJS

Heavy
    Feb 4, 2014
    Baltimore
    Obviously NOT Westminster Barracks...:rolleyes:

In fact, I did deal with someone in Westminster. I would normally have to go to Golden Ring (I live in Baltimore City), but they were backed up, so the investigator in Westminster handled my application.

Professional, helpful, and even called to apologize when there was a bit of a delay with some paperwork. If there was a Yelp section for MSP investigators, I would give this one 4.5 stars.

Based on the above posts, I think I dealt with a different person than some of you.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Most cops in MD, especially the MDSP, absolutely hate the idea of civilians carrying gun. Actually, most cops in the blue states feel that way unfortunately. They don't like the idea of "the sheep" being able to defend themselves, bc if they do, there is no need for the dogs.

I've never recieved this impression an officer. I've been to the range and told by three MDSP that i should have one and should carry any day i can legally. To clarify that's 3 on 3 different occasions over 2 years, representing 100% of the officers i've encountered at the range all with the same feedback.

I've had 3 VA troopers tell me something very similar. So far, the only ones that tell me that MD/MDSP DONT want us to have guns, are other civilians... much like it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a MD CCW.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    So I guess what I will do is talk to my boss about the Articles of Incorporation (which I am sure is no big deal) and see what is considered legal proof of existence of the company. I will then very politely ask if that will suffice. He can only say no. I don't even know if we use "deposit slips"; it is possible everything is done electronically.

You can go on the SDAT website and download the Articles of Incorporation. The MSP can do that too. The paystubs are easy.

I don’t believe that you should have to provide the deposit slips if you are not making deposits. But if you handle cash or expensive equipment for your employer that should suffice. It should also state that on your employer’s letter of authorization.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland

Take it easy with the "most cops" assumption thing....I know a few, that ain't the case....

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So far, the only ones that tell me that MD/MDSP DONT want us to have guns, are other civilians... much like it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a MD CCW.

Unfortunately, it's not other civilians that are keeping us in MD from getting permits. The ONLY reason that MD is not a "shall issue" state is that the Secretary of State Police refuses to accept "self defense" as a "good and substantial reason" for wanting a CCW permit. If the MSP wanted to, they could start handing out permits to all of us tomorrow, but they won't because the culture there is that civilians carrying guns = bad, and they will (literally) lie and cheat to prevent that from happening wherever and however they can.

That's not other civilians, it's the MSP, period. Plain and simple.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Take it easy with the "most cops" assumption thing....I know a few, that ain't the case....

agreed. it's sad that even today, it only takes 1 bad person/cop to make 100 good people/cops look bad and become "most people/cops".

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Unfortunately, it's not other civilians that are keeping us in MD from getting permits.

Well, really ... it IS the other civilians. Because most of the voters in Maryland (by large margins) vote for liberal gun-grabbers like Frosh and those that hold the veto-proof majority in the general assembly. The State Police's licensing division takes their guidance from Frosh. So, indirectly (but not VERY indirectly), the Maryland gun rights atmosphere is driven by the broadly and rabidly anti-gun sentiments found in just a couple of the dense population areas. Just a couple of counties are enough to be responsible for all of this.

Yes, individuals at the top of the MSP food chain could change this, but that would be the end of their authority in that area. Frosh will make life miserable for anyone in his proximity that acts in any way friendly to our camp. Until you can convince the populations of Montgomery, Howard, and a couple of other counties to stop putting ultra liberals like Frosh in office, it is what it is. And: it's only going to get worse, next time.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the state has the burden of proof when depriving you of your rights. Wouldn't they have to prove your employer does NOT exist?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the state has the burden of proof when depriving you of your rights. Wouldn't they have to prove your employer does NOT exist?
    This is part of the reason I elected to give them the bare minimum of information when I renewed.

They are a State funded quasi-military police force,....they can't access public information via the internet to investigate for themselves if you're truly a proprietor of some sort of business??

If they did their job instead of working on being dicks to everyone this would all go so much smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom