• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I think the "stay at home" thing is meant to appeal to the other "moms" - and is not meant to throw us off her trail. It probably works.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think the "stay at home" thing is meant to appeal to the other "moms" - and is not meant to throw us off her trail. It probably works.

both! If you think she has not thought this through you are fooling yourself. She may have even focus grouped it with Bloomberg money. She is a big corporate marketing executive masquerading as an activist.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    No, no, no, and no

First of all, you always take the fight to the enemy. Second of all, she cultivates that sexy stay at home Mom thing because it causes us to underestimate her. She was a corporate communications director for Monsanto and some other big firms for 20 years. She knows from her corporate experience better than anyone how to use sex to sell.

We consistently underestimate her. She actively cultivates the stay at home MILF "brand" hoping some of us will get distracted and will act like middle school boys and underestimate her.

Seems to work. In case you have not noticed, Bloomberg is winning and turning some states blue.

I'm not going to act like the sky is falling whenever I see a blip on the radar screen. She's had years to get traction and she's getting way too much credit from people like you.

None of the anti gun moms my wife knows would recognize her name. Likes on FB are cheap...so are her efforts.

And she's not all that. The comments about not kicking her out of bed are meant to be funny. We're not acting like kids or distracted by anything. Stop projecting your issues on others.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I'm not going to act like the sky is falling whenever I see a blip on the radar screen. She's had years to get traction and she's getting way too much credit from people like you.

None of the anti gun moms my wife knows would recognize her name. Likes on FB are cheap...so are her efforts.

And she's not all that. The comments about not kicking her out of bed are meant to be funny. We're not acting like kids or distracted by anything. Stop projecting your issues on others.

Bloomberg did not get to be a 40 billionaire by suffering incompetent fools. He is a results oriented person. She is getting results and lasted far longer than I predicted. Virginia is about one election away from passing major gun control. Heck, Republicans signed on to gun control in Florida! Who is our spokesperson? a 70 year old goat by the name of WLP?

If it were true that she is not all that, this thread would not even exist and people would not be showing up at her parties in Frederick. The very fact that people feel the need to show up at her book signing disproves your theory.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Bloomberg did not get to be a 40 billionaire by suffering incompetent fools. He is a results oriented person. She is getting results and lasted far longer than I predicted. Virginia is about one election away from passing major gun control. Heck, Republicans signed on to gun control in Florida! Who is our spokesperson? a 70 year old goat by the name of WLP?

If it were true that she is not all that, this thread would not even exist and people would not be showing up at her parties in Frederick. The very fact that people feel the need to show up at her book signing disproves your theory.

People showing up doesn't prove legitimacy. In fact, one of the biggest anti gun moms I know didn't attend the event. She was too busy sitting by her pool to give a damn.

You're linking things together to explain legislation. Just because they exist at the same time doesn't make them related.

Focus on what matters and please stop obsessing over her...she's a nobody that you're helping.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    People showing up doesn't prove legitimacy. In fact, one of the biggest anti gun moms I know didn't attend the event. She was too busy sitting by her pool to give a damn.

You're linking things together to explain legislation. Just because they exist at the same time doesn't make them related.

Focus on what matters and please stop obsessing over her...she's a nobody that you're helping.

"Shannon Watts" is not the brand. She is not running a cult of personality. If no one knows where the corporate or political shaming comes from, I'm sure that suits her just fine.

You have a bad case of complacency.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Interesting that this appeared to me to be an all white crowd.

I would be surprised if they weren’t overwhelmingly pro abortion as well.

Consider this in the light of sponsor Bloomberg’s prior statements on race and guns.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Absolutely right! She has always cultivated the suburban stay at home mom demographic. The same market as the other Libs. Hopefully we can somehow get them to turn cannibal.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

She's not insignificant. I doubt you could name a pro-2A speaker who is backed by a multibillionaire, and who could attract 100+ people and local po-po to turn up at a church on a weeknight.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    She's not insignificant. I doubt you could name a pro-2A speaker who is backed by a multibillionaire, and who could attract 100+ people and local po-po to turn up at a church on a weeknight.

Yeah...because that person would be insignificant as well.

Some of you are impressed by absolutely nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom