2. Biggfoot44

Sunday, 20 Oct
    9:00 - 12:00
    1. Mandy D.
    2. Mule

12:00 - 3:00
    1. ShafTed

If you're a first-timer, there is good info here:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ry/4-public-documents/56-msi-show-primer-2018

Volunteers get free admission to the show. (And there's nothing to prevent a little shopping before or after your shift.) Another thing worth mentioning, some vendors, upon seeing you have a vendor badge, will give a few $$ off a purchase. Not all vendors will do this, but it could be an added bonus for volunteers.

MSI now also has a volunteer incentive program, if you volunteer for a total of four shifts at gun shows (all day Saturday or Sunday counts as two shifts) you will get a FREE membership renewal!

Last edited:

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Just bumping the thread...can't really commit to anything yet. There are a lot of chores that I should be doing this weekend. I'd really like to shoot Saturday...and, as has become usual this time of year, I might have to work one or both days :(

May 8, 2018
    What are the rules for going with a weapon to sell or better yet going while armed if someone u know has their CCW. It is Called the Maryland State Fairgrounds but is it state property. All my research shows that it is not.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Mule, got you on the list, thanks!

Mr. Nerd, I'm not the promoter but legal face-to-face long gun sales should be no problem, one will often see attendees walking around with "For Sale" signs stuck in the barrel of a rifle or shotgun. Handguns would of course have to go through a dealer, following all State & Fed laws. As to CC, almost all gun shows I've seen do not allow any loaded guns into the building (promoter policy, law enforcement excepted) because, well, a few stupid people doing stupid things means we all get punished. For example, in Chantilly they have "Gun Check" tables where anything you want to bring in (or carry) is verified to be unloaded and then zip tied, see above re: people doing stupid things.

Could still use a couple of people on Saturday.

Last edited:

Oddway Otts

Mar 17, 2008
    Harford County
    I'm hoping to be there sometime Saturday (South Carroll's postings are temping me beyond my normal reason), but my time will be so limited that I couldn't do any good. (It really grieves me to pay admission!). I'm baby-sitting my daughter's new puppy. He's a 6 month old Rottie/Black Lab mix. She's had him less than a week. Although he's crate trained, he's never gone over 4 hours, without going. At 61 pounds, when he goes, HE GOES. I'm not that good with clean-up, especially in a crate. So, I'll say hi, but it will pretty much be a blitz for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom