• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Looking to get some steel targets. AR500, 3/8 or 1/2"

So many choices...from ebay to Amazon.

I am not looking to pay an arm or leg, but getting a $37 target and blowing a hole in it after 1 shot, finding out it's cheap painted reused scrap metal would make me :sad20:

Where are people getting their steel from?

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    What size are you looking for? I buy 3/8" AR 500 buy the 4'x8' sheet and make my own. I own a steel fabrication business in HoCo.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    What size are you looking for? I buy 3/8" AR 500 buy the 4'x8' sheet and make my own. I own a steel fabrication business in HoCo.

;)

Attachments

• 1557.jpg
      1557.jpg
      31.9 KB · Views: 576

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013

PM me a price for a full sheet of 3/8. I would need it cut to 35" x 80" and then possible have the rest cut into targets.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I just bought some steel off of amazon. They've held up well considering they have been shot a little bit closer than recommended. About 500 rounds of FMJ 7.62x39 @ 100 yards so far. Only some tiny divots the size of the bullet tip (1mm).

AR500 12x20 x 3/8" Silhouette steel shooting target with stand hanger mount kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DS742XM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_slJVxbPMD86EZ

Are you sure it's really lead core FMJ? I've cut open some of the brown bear and silver bear and discovered... bi-metal core.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    I've bought several targets from shootingtargets7 and had very good luck with them. Hit them with everything from rimfire to 50BMG.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery

Sounds like a good business opportunity. I'm not looking at the moment but would definitely buy finished targets local pickup vs. internet sales. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom