• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    A car was following too close last year and I slowed down so it got tired of me driving slow and passed me. About five miles later the car was sitting on the side of the road. It was a lady who hit a doe and it totaled her car.

Yeah a few years back I had a car following me too close on a windy 2 lane road. I think it was posted 45 and my 47 was obviously not going remotely fast enough. So after a couple miles I slowed down a little and he shot by me. Nailed a big doe right after he merged back in front of me after passing, while he was doing about 65 or 70. His car was definitely totaled. He was fortunately physically fine, but crushed the front end enough to bust the radiator, trans cooler, one side of the headlights, front windshield, A-pillar and front edge of the roof. Deer almost came in through the windshield but it flipped up and hit the top edge at the roof and A-pillar. A foot or two lower and it would have joined him in his seat.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I shot a nice size doe this eve.All four of her hooves were twice as long as they should be and they criss-crossed each other.I dont know how she got around.Before climbing in my stand,I saw three does watching me.I picked out the biggest one and shot her,so I never saw how she looked when she walked,but Im sure it would be obvious something was wrong.

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    I shot a nice size doe this eve.All four of her hooves were twice as long as they should be and they criss-crossed each other.I dont know how she got around.Before climbing in my stand,I saw three does watching me.I picked out the biggest one and shot her,so I never saw how she looked when she walked,but Im sure it would be obvious something was wrong.

picture?!

Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    Last for 2019. Smokeless with fury star tip smooth sized. Last night at last light. Dorchester

Attachments

• 80B3469F-4DBB-430C-B509-04404564AB54.jpg
      80B3469F-4DBB-430C-B509-04404564AB54.jpg
      171.2 KB · Views: 479

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville

Found a dead one years ago (skeleton) and showed the hoofs to a friend and he called it "foundering". Not sure if that is an accurate assessment or not, just my limited experience.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I shot one like that years ago at Patuxent /Ft Meade Refuge, the USFWS biologist at check-in took all 4 feet to study. They looked like “Genie Slippers”. I never did hear anything from her about what that was. She assured me before I left I could eat that doe without issue. I donated that deer, I wasn’t eating that mutant freak.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Not anything to mount, but a decent size and I swear the younger ones taste better :)

143gr ELD-X in 6.5cm. DRT - sort, tries to crawl for five seconds or so until dropping. Made it 4’ and no follow up needed.

Attachments

• 59B0439B-5C50-4C11-9D04-AC1BC2DBCE1B.jpg
      59B0439B-5C50-4C11-9D04-AC1BC2DBCE1B.jpg
      247 KB · Views: 339

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    2C55B0C8-05C1-462D-A836-573C051914DA.jpg

Last minutes of last day late gun, connected with a 9 point I’d seen several times early bow hunting. One time at 35 yards but I wasn’t confident with my shot so he walked. Another time he was broadside at 85 yards bow hunting. Didn’t see him again until tonight.

Attachments

• 5081D869-A84D-4A65-AD97-E8FD55E136A3.jpg
      5081D869-A84D-4A65-AD97-E8FD55E136A3.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 266

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    View attachment 275263

Last minutes of last day late gun, connected with a 9 point I’d seen several times early bow hunting. One time at 35 yards but I wasn’t confident with my shot so he walked. Another time he was broadside at 85 yards bow hunting. Didn’t see him again until tonight.

At the bell! Nice one

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Congrats ChrisD nice mature buck there awesome! Something how you see them and don't see them again for a while. I've been after a nice mountain buck up in Garrett Co. Saw him Halloween week when I was bow hunting to far for a shot. Did not see him rifle season after Thanksgiving. Did not see him late muzzle loader season after Christmas. I've let four smaller bucks go because of him. He is still there though. Found his large tracks and large diameter poop when I was up for late muzzle loader. You know how it is he's a smart mature educated buck!

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Unusually warm but still some good game movement going on. Soon it will be time to go for turkeys- bet it's a lot colder by then for the opener.
    Every year I usually get stung at least once for thinking the colder weather has past for turkey. Last year it rained a lot on opening day I think but was pretty warm.
    This one has a nice Roman nose on him.

IMG_2609.jpeg

Roman close up.jpg

Red truck buck.jpg

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    Some nice deer taken from the MDS crew and families. I've seen some dandy bucks afield and in this thread. I took 2 does on Saturday and headed out to Chambersburg on Wednesday to do some Pheasant hunting with my brother and Uncle. (Uncle runs a game preserve)This will be a new adventure for me as I've never hunted for any bird.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My only deer this season. It's what happens when you go from 4 properties to only one, lol.

I did score on a coyote though. Kind of a consolation prize...

Attachments

• 20191221_164653.jpg
      20191221_164653.jpg
      161.9 KB · Views: 307
    • 20191203_165123.jpg
      20191203_165123.jpg
      119.5 KB · Views: 268

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I'm curious: what do you do with the coyote?
    My thought was to just have it tanned and hang it. I can't afford to have it mounted(I have a deer head being mounted now, the deer I shot this year, but with head gear from a deer I shot a few years ago). I've seen some really cool looking coyote shoulder mounts. I decided to have it tanned, as I said, but I'm giving it to my friend who let me hunt his grounds this year as a thank you. It will be a surprise to him.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've been wondering why we haven't seen pictures of draft horses with antlers this year.
    Hahaha! Them things don't fall out of trees every day. :D

That deer had a 21" neck! I almost let him walk. Then I realized, I still needed meat...

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    My only deer this season. It's what happens when you go from 4 properties to only one, lol.

I did score on a coyote though. Kind of a consolation prize...

:thumbsup:
    :thumbsup:
    Don’t matter what kind of hunting your doing, if you see a coyote, it becomes a coyote hunt.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom