• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    On of the better shows, still a fair number of vendors with old cool stuff to pick through, and less of a Cluster F than Chantilly.

I don't think Ill have time to go this time, though I do have a few things on my wish list.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Plus side they have plenty of parking, minus side they have no wayback machine to bring Linda Vaughn back.

0806phr_19_z-hurst_wheels-.jpg

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Went last year and well worth the drive.
    This will be the last show for me this year after going to the Chantilly and Oaks recently. Next stop would be the Great outdoor show I think that's in Feb/March

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Is it Maryland buyer friendly?

A couple of years ago, my brother in law was looking to buy an M1 Carbine at the York show. He found one for a decent price and when he went to buy, the dealer said, "No sir, I can't sell it to you. You live in Maryland, it's banned there." Even after trying to prove that it was NOT banned by bringing up the laws (pronounced infringements) of FSA2013, and that my brother in law would be willing to buy it without the 15-round mag for the same price, the dealer said "Listen, I don't know Maryland law and I don't have time to learn Maryland law. I am not going to risk it. Sorry." We moved on, without delay.

There was a second guy who would sell an M1 Carbine to him, but it was horrendously overpriced (say $1,500 for a somewhat worn mixmaster Inland).

My brother in law, sick of dealing with people who don't understand the law, ended up coming back to a shop in MD that day and bought an Arisaka Type 99 and a Lee Enfield.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Can a non FFL (Me) sell a striped Bushmaster AR lower to a Penn FFL-01 at this out of State show?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    For me this show is a better value than Chantilly. Its a little smaller but at least an hr closer from Ellicott City. I’m be going to stock up on 30 round pmags and probably pick up a few more glock
    Mags.

Also JE supply usually has a big group of tables with projectiles and brass. Last year they had a very large powder supplier there too.

Gun Bowanna

Mar 27, 2009
    No.
    Per Federal rules, a non-FFL may only purchase a Long Gun (Rifle or Shotgun) that is legal in both states. As such, hand guns and stripped frames must ship/transfer to the buyers home state.

Although a AR frame is commonly built into a long gun, by its very nature at time of purchase, it is neither a handgun nor long gun.

Last edited:

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    No.
    Per Federal rules, a non-FFL may only purchase a Long Gun (Rifle or Shotgun) that is legal in both states. As such, hand guns and stripped frames must ship/transfer to the buyers home state.

Although a AR frame is commonly built into a long gun, by its very nature at time of purchase, it is neither a handgun nor long gun.

Read the original post, he isnt looking to buy,only sell to an out of state FFL.

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County
    I went last year. The first show i ever went to. I loved it. Will try and get out this weekend even if it is just to walk around an window shop.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    Only REAL problem is crowd and idiots with baby carriages. Carry them, there simply isn't room between tables. Outside of that.... you want it, good chance it's there IF you can find it through the masses.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    I switched the striped lower on my Bushmaster AR (LEO trade in from Lou in 2012) to a Anderson lower. I also have a .22 conversion kit (AR) that I cannot sell in MD because of the 25 round magazine. Can I sell these two things (Bushmaster striped lower and .22 AR conversion kit at the York, PA show? Should I have the original paperwork from Lou's shop? Can the lower, which was/is from a rifle be sold to a non-FFL?

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I switched the striped lower on my Bushmaster AR (LEO trade in from Lou in 2012) to a Anderson lower. I also have a .22 conversion kit (AR) that I cannot sell in MD because of the 25 round magazine. Can I sell these two things (Bushmaster striped lower and .22 AR conversion kit at the York, PA show? Should I have the original paperwork from Lou's shop? Can the lower, which was/is from a rifle be sold to a non-FFL?

No, the lower can only be sold to or through an out of state FFL. But why? You have in your possession a pre-ban rifle lower. That can be built into a new rifle with any barrel profile, not just hbar. Why sell that to maybe make $50?

You can sell the magazines to anyone in PA.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    No, the lower can only be sold to or through an out of state FFL. But why? You have in your possession a pre-ban rifle lower. That can be built into a new rifle with any barrel profile, not just hbar. Why sell that to maybe make $50?

You can sell the magazines to anyone in PA.

The lower can be sold to any FFL. They do not need to be out of state.

You can sell lowers to people in state as well. You just need to go through the MSP or an FFL. But on this one you are out of luck, MSP considers anything Bushmaster as banned.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Anyone know if someone would be expected to carry Vz58/2008 mags? and how much to expect they cost?
    thx

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Sorry, I meant to say sell the Bushmaster striped lower to a Pa FFL. Right now its just sitting in my gun safe and I'm afraid if I drop dead some day before my wife does she will put it up for sale not knowing or forgetting that that is a no no in MD and thereby commit a felony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom