• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I wonder if they'll honor the previous sales?

I ordered earlier this evening (1000 rds of 223 and 8 boxes of Win 9mm FMC) and got the double discount and got a email confirmation of my order. I guessing it would very bad PR to retroactively back out of the deal once your order was confirmed.

Was that cheaper than you can get it for?

The American Eagle 9mm (with all codes) was selling within 1cpr of what AmmoJon is paying in bulk.
    During a (alcohol involved) conversation, he was explaining the "high volume, high turnover, low margin" business principle and let it slip what he pays per 10k.
    With shipping included, this deal is a wash- at best- for Academy. Lets not get too hyped that our orders will actually be fulfilled. Remember the Gander Outdoors deal a few months back?

ascorb

Mar 2, 2016
    The American Eagle 9mm (with all codes) was selling within 1cpr of what AmmoJon is paying in bulk.
    During a (alcohol involved) conversation, he was explaining the "high volume, high turnover, low margin" business principle and let it slip what he pays per 10k.
    With shipping included, this deal is a wash- at best- for Academy. Lets not get too hyped that our orders will actually be fulfilled. Remember the Gander Outdoors deal a few months back?
    They have canceled my order before, sigh. I am hoping this does not get canceled. I will update as update though.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    For those that got in on the deal, eyeball your ammo when it comes in.

I recently got a batch of Academy store brand .38spc (Monarch). Out of 500, 8 were shorties. I posted this in another thread but I'll duplicate the picture here. Left to right shortest to normal. There's about 1/4" more setback than what I'd expect.

attachment.php

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    My order went through around 5:30 last night. I think that I was the slacker of the group as I only picked up a few hundred rounds of .22 LR and a box of .22 WMR for my Heritage Rough Rider.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    If you have FedEx Delivery Manager (a free sign-up) check if you have any new tracking numbers associated with your account. Academy uses FedEx ground to ship ammo.

Also as a side note, with Delivery Manager you can reroute your packages to be held at a FedEx location near you for free (so that boxes aren't left at your doorstep when no one is home..)

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    My order for .22 stuff is coming in 2 parts. The .22 LR shipped today. I am still waiting on shipping info for the .22 WMR.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Interesting.

They are shipping two boxes of 25 instead of one box. Assume the weight played into that decision.

I don't really care..... I got ammo for the best price evah!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah i got 4 tracking numbers for 100 boxes of .223 (two cases). expected 2, but like above, that's their decision.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Just an FYI, it appears that the code is working again. Still free shipping but doesn't stack with the 10% off that was automatically applied. Still not a bad deal for 223 at $26 cents a round.

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    I can confirm that the code is working again. No stacking. Ordered a 1,000 rounds of .223 and 1000 shells, at a decent price, and saved $105 off that, along with free shipping.

Good deal. Thanks, Schnauzr and GolfR.

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Good to know about the code returning! Yes the F&F discount stack was Sunday only and I believe they only allow one code per order currently (Sunday's was less of a code stack and more of a code combo with an automatically applied discount). Still, pretty good pricing from Academy with just the 20% off code!

songlaw

Aug 2, 2017
    Clarksville
    Just ordered some more!

Good to know about the code returning! Yes the F&F discount stack was Sunday only and I believe they only allow one code per order currently (Sunday's was less of a code stack and more of a code combo with an automatically applied discount). Still, pretty good pricing from Academy with just the 20% off code!

Hell. I just ordered another 1,000 shells.

I just shot a shotgun for the first time this past Sunday, at the wobble trap course at AGC. I was terrible! I didn't hit too many, but it was a lot of fun. I figured that I'd better stock up on shells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom