Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Gun Shows

Notices

Old April 17th, 2018, 06:39 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee2 View Post
The decline of the shows is not because people are not going, it is because the dealers are either not going or bringing second rate crap to the show and charging premium prices.
what a load of horse sh!t.
ever worked behind a table at one of these shows?
i know of only one dealer who charges MSRP. most others are there to make some money but not to give guns away.

The dealers are doing the shows in by not doing their part to make the shows a good shopping experience.
do you want candy and flowers? if you arent the center of attention at a table, you can ask for assistance.
FYI, yes I have worked behind the tables! No one expects dealers to give stuff away. Common sense dictates that they have to make a profit to stay in business. There are quite a few who really jack up prices at the shows. They look at as having to make up for the cost of the tables. That is an additional expense over and above what their shop costs to run.
I hate candy and flowers! If I am the only one standing at a dealers table, I do expect them to stop talking to their buddy about their personal lives and show some respect to the customer who is standing there with cash in hand!
There is no "load of horse sh!t" involved with that! Nor is there any Horse Sh!t in my evaluation of the condition of what is on their tables.
dist1646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:14 PM #22
fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1646 View Post
FYI, yes I have worked behind the tables! No one expects dealers to give stuff away. Common sense dictates that they have to make a profit to stay in business. There are quite a few who really jack up prices at the shows. They look at as having to make up for the cost of the tables. That is an additional expense over and above what their shop costs to run.
I hate candy and flowers! If I am the only one standing at a dealers table, I do expect them to stop talking to their buddy about their personal lives and show some respect to the customer who is standing there with cash in hand!
There is no "load of horse sh!t" involved with that! Nor is there any Horse Sh!t in my evaluation of the condition of what is on their tables.
you know what opinions are like...

2nd Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

---------------------
Disclaimer
My comments posted on MDshooters in no way are intended to offend members, staff and owners of this web site. If they should in any way, i apologize in advance.
lee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2018, 08:49 PM #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurry View Post
I agree. Rocky Road fudge was my best purchase.
Forgot to mention the 2 fudge sellers.

Home Page > Forum List > General > Gun Shows