• Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    So....as it happens, I was in the MVA updating my drivers license. As part of that, they ask you to confirm you voter registration.

So, faced with having to push the button for “D” or “R” , I thought of this effort.

So, for 2018, I guess I’m registered “D”.

Now what?

M

In general, vote for the weakest D in the primaries or the one who's not the incumbent. Vote for the pro-2A candidate in the general. Use your D designation when writing to or speaking with representatives.

mrgnstrn

Mar 18, 2014
    In general, vote for the weakest D in the primaries or the one who's not the incumbent. Vote for the pro-2A candidate in the general. Use your D designation when writing to or speaking with representatives.

I suspect that being able to write to the slimeballs in the MGA as a registered dem will be very important this term.
    M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And don't forget that the election run-up season has already begun, it seems. I just got polite "drop dead" replies on emails sent during the SUMMER from Steny and VanHollansiase. They're already pandering.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Government watchdog group - Open The Books - could be the key to 'draining the swamp'

Go to the Website and click on your State => https://www.openthebooks.com/

DSq6929V4AAq0JO.jpg

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Yet Another Reason to be a DINO

Dem. Insider Wants Out, Shares Shock Stories of Perverse Conferences, Colleagues
    https://conservativetribune.com/dem...k-stories-of-perverse-conferences-colleagues/
    “...The rot is even worse than you think,” the insider wrote. “You have no idea how highly this has infected the low and middle levels of the Democratic Party.”

The insider said that commentators make the mistake of “focusing on what the high elites in parties think, rather than what you could call the middle management. Elites are close to retirement, really, and while they do exert pull on the rest of the people, they can’t pull too much.”

“Middle management, however, controls everything,” he wrote...

However, even those beliefs aren’t enough in the new Democrat Party, he writes.

“People elder to me and younger to me in the ranks of the party’s candidate class, campaign staff class, permanent bureaucracy class, etc. are all jumping in on this,” he writes.

“Registrations for conferences now require nametags with preferred pronouns. A friend of mine was ejected from a conference for accidentally misgendering someone. Seriously...”
    :sad20: :crazy:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Always remind the elected officials you contact that you are a registered D and you vote in every election.;)

They don't care. They've demonstrated that over and over. I think maybe if you tell them that you are a serial small contributor they will notice you.

Since Primaries are fast approaching, who looks good for the DINO vote? The Geraldine/Douggie show is pushing Alsabrooks as the Second Coming Anointed One.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Governor Primary

Ok, for the governor race I'm stuck. As indicated in this article, there are no good or even ok choices within the Democrat field (and I say this as a center-right moderate/pragmatic libertarian, they're all damned extremists): http://www.wbaltv.com/article/2018-voters-guide-maryland-governors-race-gun-rights/20112303

Some of them start off reasonably with "Maryland already has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation", then go straight into "but I won't rest until we ban every one of them". So, any state politics wonks know of a candidate that actually stands a chance in the primary but wouldn't be able to carry the general? I mean, the weakest candidate is obviously Ralph Jaffe and his sister Freda, but he has no chance of winning the primary, which would mean I should have just remained a Libertarian and waited for my symbolic general election vote. :)

My guesses are that Rushern Baker and Ben Jealous* (and Rich Madaleno?) are probably the biggest challenges to Hogan, so best to be avoided. Any thoughts?

*On a side note, Ben Jealous keeps bringing up the secret promises made to gun advocates in 2014 by Hogan. Knowing the general gist of those promises thanks to this forum and how they've been forgotten by Hogan, I find it a rather hilarious thing to attack him on from the left. But people do love a conspiracy.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    I've been doing that for years.
    I really get a kick out of reminding, my liberal sister-in-law, that I am a Democrat too.

:thumbsup:
    Well remind all those who live in Prince Georges County, Montgomery County, The eatern part of Howard County Baltimore city and perhaps a few other areas to change their voter registration by June 5th if they want to participate in the June primary. For those areas, the races will be for all intents and purposes over afterwards.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Now something we'll need to do is get together a list of whom to support and whom not to. I'll come up with a list soon as to whom I think is worthy of support and who isn't. If someone wants to correct me, I'm willing to listen. Also, It might behoove you to do your own research as to who's running in your area.

klutch

Mar 27, 2018
    Ok, for the governor race I'm stuck. As indicated in this article, there are no good or even ok choices within the Democrat field (and I say this as a center-right moderate/pragmatic libertarian, they're all damned extremists): http://www.wbaltv.com/article/2018-voters-guide-maryland-governors-race-gun-rights/20112303

Some of them start off reasonably with "Maryland already has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation", then go straight into "but I won't rest until we ban every one of them". So, any state politics wonks know of a candidate that actually stands a chance in the primary but wouldn't be able to carry the general? I mean, the weakest candidate is obviously Ralph Jaffe and his sister Freda, but he has no chance of winning the primary, which would mean I should have just remained a Libertarian and waited for my symbolic general election vote. :)

My guesses are that Rushern Baker and Ben Jealous* (and Rich Madaleno?) are probably the biggest challenges to Hogan, so best to be avoided. Any thoughts?

*On a side note, Ben Jealous keeps bringing up the secret promises made to gun advocates in 2014 by Hogan. Knowing the general gist of those promises thanks to this forum and how they've been forgotten by Hogan, I find it a rather hilarious thing to attack him on from the left. But people do love a conspiracy.

Isn't Ralph Jaffe an OK choice for the primary for governor? I KNOW just about all the others aren't!

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Now something we'll need to do is get together a list of whom to support and whom not to. I'll come up with a list soon as to whom I think is worthy of support and who isn't. If someone wants to correct me, I'm willing to listen. Also, It might behoove you to do your own research as to who's running in your area.

Please include PG...lot’s of rascals running.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Isn't Ralph Jaffe an OK choice for the primary for governor? I KNOW just about all the others aren't!

Only in the sense that he would have zero chance in the general (though his chances are about the same in the primary, so it’s a moot point). According to the article I linked to:

I want to get rid of all rifles. The exceptions to having rifles would be police officers, the military and people on farmlands who need to protect themselves from wild animals.

[...]

We need to make sure the parents understand the seriousness of the situation. If they have rifles in their homes, they need to give them up voluntarily for the safety of the community.

No law is absolute. This means, freedom of speech is not absolute. It also means freedom to have a gun or rifle is not absolute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom