• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    You can write them and ask for the Chocolate Cookie recipe, but if they're not responding, what are you supposed to do?

That's all I want. Contact me, don't ignore me. Letters mailed, emails send, calls to office and cell phones. Nothing, nada, zilch.

I was wondering if she ever replied. Kathy Szielega no longer has my vote. There are several people running for her job and I'll be picking one of them, most likely Penman. And I'll be sure to let her know why.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was wondering if she ever replied. Kathy Szielega no longer has my vote. There are several people running for her job and I'll be picking one of them, most likely Penman. And I'll be sure to let her know why.

Nope and I'm not calling her anymore. She has had plenty of opportunity to respond to the inquiries, with nothing coming from her office.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    No, if things up bad enough, they will never be undone. That's what we're facing.

I will respectfully disagree. The will of the people being heard is what needs to change in order for real change to happen.

Remember, The mob is fickle brother...

The mob is willing to go to a further extent then us, that is usually the determining factor that causes people to cave to the pressure.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Should Governor Hogan veto HB1302, send it back to the MGA, and make the MGA work for it if they want to eviscerate the bill of rights or should Hogan sign it without putting up a fight?

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    No, if things up bad enough, they will never be undone. That's what we're facing.
    MGA can do this now, without any help from (R)'s AND without Hogan. MGA has veto proof majority.

I'm surprised the MGA hasn't passed mandatory safe keeping and insurance rider requirements.

Do you really think the (R)'s will oppose the (D)'s redistricting plans if the (R)'s are allowed to keep their districts?

At this point, the (R)'s should have a fork sticking out of them, because they are done. All the (D)'s have to do is threaten them with not being reelected in their majority (R) districts and the (R) will roll over, just as they see their big brothers doing in Congress.

This gun grab was masterfully pulled off by the (D)'s. I wonder if they got Bill Clinton as a strategist - he always blamed the AWB for the pasting he got in the mid-terms.

The circle has come full turn - only the (D)'s have played the gun control pasting card against the (R)'s - and, as usual, they fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Should Governor Hogan veto HB1302, send it back to the MGA, and make the MGA work for it if they want to eviscerate the bill of rights or should Hogan sign it without putting up a fight?

I don't believe he will veto it, but if he does, I thought his vetoes couldn't be over-ridden for this session.

Thought I read that previously on the board here.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If more people thought like this, We would have more REAL conservatives in office nationwide instead of " the best we can" men and women because they vote against our beliefs less harshly.

There's the essence of the problem.

People have been trained to respond with feelings, not rationality. That's one of the reasons we were originally created as a republic, not a democracy. The founders wanted to insulate against mob mentality.

Once we went to universal suffrage, direct election of senators, and a temporary (in 1913) tax on income that created a huge pool of wealth that could be skimmed by a perennial political class, things went south rapidly.

The People didn't have to figure out that they could vote themselves goodies from the Treasury; LBJ gave it to them on a platter. Community "organisers" then moved in and created the current mess, over the last several generations.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I don't believe he will veto it, but if he does, I thought his vetoes couldn't be over-ridden for this session.

Thought I read that previously on the board here.

VETOED BILLS
    The power to override a veto rests with the General Assembly. If the Governor vetoes a bill during a regular session, the General Assembly immediately considers the Governor's veto message. If the Governor vetoes a bill presented after the session, the veto message must be considered immediately at the next regular or special session of the legislature. The General Assembly may not override a veto during the first year of a new legislative term since the bill would have been passed by the previous legislature (Const., Art. II, sec. 17). A three-fifths vote of the elected membership of both chambers is necessary to override a veto.
    http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/07leg/html/proc.html#vetoed

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    I bought a new house in MD after Hogan got elected thinking things will get better. Better seems to be defined as "failing more slowly than it could have under a democratic governor."

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    And yet you have posed exactly zero other possible solutions to the issue other than "I'm taking my toys and leaving." If you've got good ideas, put them forth!

Shame those who put their names on these bills! Publicize their addresses, phone numbers, make a list put it on Youtube so there is no mistake about who the traitors are! That would be a start. We need to start to organize and stop bending over and saying thank you may I have another! We need to be a bit more aggressive with our approach.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Remember when this thread was about a piece of legislation?

Agreed. Let's get back on point on what to do about this bill and leave out the discussion of I do/don't like this politician and umpteen other things.

For goodness sake, PLEASE!?!? :facepalm:
    Can't the "Hogan is a gun grabber, why didn't we vote Brown?" conversation go here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=220947

Or here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=221740

Or maybe even....here:

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=221725

I keep coming back to this thread because I just want to know what's going on with this bill, :banghead:

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    That may be the case.

However, the reality on the ground in Maryland is that the current crop of legislators is likely about as conservative as we are likely to get. We can try and submarine them because they voted one time in a way we don't like, or we can try and work with them to get them to understand our viewpoints and what we think should be done.

I know people here like to hate on Hogan for not waving a magic wand and fixing all of our 2A related issues with MD but the fact is that the man is in a very blue state and he has to play the game to a) stay in office and b) get *anything* done at all. Likewise with all of our legislators.

Sure, the game is rigged against us, but I think it's important enough to play.

So he has to play the game. The game being supporting anti-gun bills and not daring to veto any of said bills.

So....... What's the point of him being there? Owe'Malley supported anti-2A legislation and didn't veto any of those bills? Were You or any other Hogan apologists soft on him for it?

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Just spoke with Senator Ready's office, and was told Zirkin is 'working with the other side' (House).

She also said 'Zirkin is a due process guy', and I said perhaps, but we are very concerned over the 'we have to do something' phrases being thrown about.

She said the Senator is definitely aware of that.

Hopefully the SJP will ammend, and this turd will die pre Sine Die.

Hurry up and wait .........

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Email from Rick Impallaria:

Gun Bill Votes

Just a brief note to say that, in contrast to most of my Republican colleagues, I voted the right way on two anti-gun bills:
    HB 888 entitled Criminal Law - Firearm Crimes - Rapid Fire Trigger Activator (the "Bump Stock" bill) and
    HB 1302 entitled Public Safety - Extreme Risk Prevention Order (the "Red Flag" bill).

Only 7 of us voted against HB 888, and only 17 against HB 1302.

I am extremely disappointed that our Republican leadership totally mishandled this issue; they told us that these bills had the support of the NRA - manifestly false. Just today there is an article in the Washington Times about the NRA opposing a federal bump stock ban.

As always, if you no longer wish to receive these updates from me, just reply to this email with a request to unsubscribe.

Rick Impallaria
    Delegate, District 7
    rick.impallaria@house.state.md.us
    410-841-3289 (Annapolis office)

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just sent off an E mail to Rick thanking him for the way he voted against the gun bills even tho I am not in his district. I told him the republican leadership needs to be really chastised over the failure of them not doing their job and check things out for themselves instead of relying upon someones else s word..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom