• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    This is what I got back from my FOIA query. Not much but better than nothing.

The following information was found in the Department of Defense (DoD) Small Arms/Light Weapons Registry for Ithaca M1911A1, .45mm Automatic Caliber Pistol, NSN: 1005-00-726-5655, Serial Number 863797.
    1. 29July2010-ArmyGeneralSupply(LogisticsModernizationProgram(LMP)Stock Records), Anniston, Alabama received the weapon from Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC)-Crane, Crane, Indiana.
    2. 06March2011,03December2011,19January2013,07March2015,01May 2016, 05 March 2017, 04 June 2017, 31 March 2019, 26 April 2020, and 25 April 2021 - Army General Supply (Logistics Modernization Program (LMP) Stock Records), Anniston, Alabama performed reconciliations on the weapon.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    17NOV_1.jpeg
    17NOV_2.jpeg
    17NOV_3.jpeg
    17NOV_4.jpeg
    17NOV_5.jpeg
    17NOV_6.jpeg
    17NOV_7.jpeg
    17NOV_8.jpeg
    17NOV_9.jpeg

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Does anyone know if they are still accepting applications? It was extended due to hurricane but have not seen a new closing date.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It looks promising; a quick look didn't provide a cutoff date. Here's a link to the website:

Prices have climbed significantly, though.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The CMP Forum says they are keeping the orders open because of lower interest at least for now.

The CMP Forum is the place to go for latest information and for questions:

CMP 1911 Sales Program: Round 3 Announcement

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cool, gotta get my wife and son to put in for them
    Anyone whose wife does not have an HQL these guns are classified federally as Curio's and Relics (over 50 years old) so per Maryland law a HQL is not required. Be sure the FFL you choose will transfer a C&R handgun to someone without an HQL not everyone will.

Jul 1, 2012
    "FFL you choose will transfer a C&R handgun to someone without an HQL not everyone will."
    Who!? That's crazy (But then again, that's Maryland).
    The ones that won't do it need to be educated or boycotted as that is clearly stated law - it's even clearly on the 77R - I'd like to hear the reason not to do it.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    I'm waiting for my number to come up for round 3. Any recommendations on what grade to go for? I'm getting the sense that if you want one that's more likely to have an original matching frame and slide, perhaps field grade is the best option? But on the flip side, is that really a more valuable gun than one that was service grade in better shape that perhaps has an Israeli made replacement slide? What is the better "collector" piece? A part of me thinks it's a toss up, as virtually none will be all original, but they are all the real deal GI issue and were in service. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    In round 2 the only choice I had was rack grade, but I was happy with what I got, colt slide and RR frame that looks like its seen a lot of time in and out of a holster.

I think the price increase has tamped down interest in these. My dad isn't a huge gun guy but was excited to put in for one in round 3 after I showed him what I got, but when we looked at the new prices he decided it wasn't worth it, and I kind of agreed. If I didn't have one I'd still do it though

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Yep, they have gotten pricey, but looking at places like Gun Broker, I think OK. And besides, can you really have too many 1911's? :)

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm waiting for my number to come up for round 3. Any recommendations on what grade to go for? I'm getting the sense that if you want one that's more likely to have an original matching frame and slide, perhaps field grade is the best option? But on the flip side, is that really a more valuable gun than one that was service grade in better shape that perhaps has an Israeli made replacement slide? What is the better "collector" piece? A part of me thinks it's a toss up, as virtually none will be all original, but they are all the real deal GI issue and were in service. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
    There's no guarantee that any of the conditions will be all original, or even mostly original. So if the only guaranteed difference is fit an finish, why not at least go for at least field? I got a field grade RR in the last round that was mostly original except for a replacement barrel, and with a buggered up rear sight. I figured it wasn't original anyway, so I replaced the rear sight with a surplus one.

The pistol, with its replacement barrel, turned out to be both reliable and a tack driver, even if it's not factory pristine. And it still has US military provenance so overall I'm very satisfied with it.

emerald

Ultimate Member
    Apr 25, 2015
    Yep, figured it's almost a coin flip between field and service. I figure I want better condition than rack grade, and while I wouldn't mind having a range grade in the collection, since it's a one time purchase, I'd rather go for something that was more original. I wish they would let us buy another in a later round!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom